Problem Stutter still not fix...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tr3voRR, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    This issue still hasn't been addressed... i7 4790k, 16gb ram, r9 290x, windows 7 64bit. CPU temp under heavy gaming (+/- 50°c), GPU temp under heavy gaming (+/- 65°c).

No matter if I set everything to low or high, after 15 sec racing alone on an empty track it stutters and it's unplayable !

No matter the catalyst I use, I tried them all.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  3. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's been like this since february update of this year... It's driving me crazy.

4. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Do you still have good fps, even though it's stuttering ..?

5. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It drops up and down from 60 to 45 and up and down with various fps. I tried without Vsync and I have around 115 fps and same thing, goes down to 90.

6. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    It's definitely odd that without sync you can sustain 90+, then with sync on not maintain 60.

Are there any spikes or notable moments in your system monitor... It may flag up whether the cpu or gpu takes a hit at the same time.

Someone with more knowledge than me can probably help alot more tbh. I hope you can get sorted.

7. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    This is the only game I have this issue and I am running more demanding games without any issues. Surely I can't be the only person with this problem... and I have tried to reinstall the game, I have also since than re installed windows.

And you are pointing the finger on a good detail. A leak or something ?

8. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Nope...just trying to help.

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Your system should be running this seamlessly, I suggest you open the game start a single player game with a full grip, ALT-TAB out of it and open task manager, first have a look at CPU usuage, then Memory usage and then HDD usage. While your there have a look at the process list to see what's running in the background, if all that checks out, google "Memtest", download and run (close R3E first lol). That should be able to tell you if there are any memory issues.
    After that, I'm out of ideas because I'd kill for your system lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I am going to try that, but if there's an issue it's related to this game. Like I said, I have no problem running much more intensive games.

Little side note, I will be selling my asus r9 290x shortly, since I am going to get the new amd card coming soon.

11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Dare I ask how much? Probably still out of my price range at the moment but hey ho... you never know ;)

12. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I think for some odd reason it's intensively using my cpu, I have to give it another check. I can't alt-tab... it gives me a hard time. It puts the game on pause, so it renders the test mute I think :/. I'll sell it probably at 240 euro and that includes the shipping and obviously the original box. I don't know how the warrenty works, but my card is not even one year old.

Holy shiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt I think I just came up with a theory !!!! could it be the same cpu usage problem seen on Assetto Corsa while using an xbox one controller ??????!!!! I am going to unplug it and try the game with the key board and see if there is still the issue

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    May still be worth checking to see what processes etc are running in the background, just in case, if I alt-tab out of raceroom it doesn't pause my game... something's definitely not right for you though, if you compare our systems, if anyone should be struggling, it's me lol.
    :( Thought the price might be a bit much for me, never mind though, I'm sure someone will find a good home for it :)

14. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    What's you budget ? and Holy shiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt I think I just came up with a theory !!!! could it be the same cpu usage problem seen on Assetto Corsa while using an xbox one controller ??????!!!! I am going to unplug it and try the game with the key board and see if there is still the issue

15. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS that's the issue, it's the xbox one controller !!!! just like it did with Assetto Corsa.

16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    how on earth would an controller cause that?

update USB drivers?

Cool that you found the issue

17. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, but I believe it's specific to the X1 controller, there was the similar problem with AC around the time the X1 controller came out. I believe there was a message "WARNING CPU Usage > 95%". I tried the game without the X1 controller and gone the issue. At least now it's pin pointed :)

I did the test again, and yes this is the source of the issue.

18. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Windows 10 may solve that issue as "xBone" is integrated.

Edit:
    Sorry, "xBox"

19. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so, Assetto Corsa had the same issue and they fix it. I have this problem since february, something they might have done with game pads and so on with the February patch that brought the issue.

20. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Any devs acknowledging this issue ?