Problem stuttering

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 247, Feb 14, 2015.

1. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    after the bugfix update (880 mb one) i can't play online anymore because after 4 or 5 minutes running i get stuttering all over the place and generally when exiting the race i get a siluhette car displaying me an error 1 and asking me if i want to be back on the server lobby or return on the desktop...any way to solve this?

2. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    No one can help me with this one?it's getting quite frustrating...because I'm having it everytime I play the game after few minutes...

3. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I don't experience having stuttering like you do,but i do have massive freeze when an other player enters online. my whole world stands still for a moment. But after that moment everything is without stuttering.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    no...i think this is okk cause game is loading players...but as for my problem this is quite frustrating cause will probably avoid to spend me other money in game...no sense on spending money for a game i can't run due to this error 1 and all of the stuttering...

5. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    it would be extremely usefull if you would share your system specs or add them to your signature, gives a bit more insight then the report on its own

6. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    thx for your kind reply @Jay Ekkel :) so there's the spec of my laptop...

Cpu Intel Pentium dual core 2.2ghz (T4400)
    Ati Radeon hd 4570 with 512 mb of dedicated memory and latest stable drivers
    3 gb ram
    running the game on Windows 10 tp

as already stated i'm having this problem since last update...i know i'm on a technical preview os but game before update was still on that os and was working flawlessy with low details (same as w8/8.1)
    now after last update , after about 10 minutes circa i get the game completely stuttering and when i exit from the race i get an error 1 message asking me if i want to return to the game or exit to desktop...if i return to the game anyway menues are completely laggy and game is still unplayable...is there some fild i should look for?(eg logs or somethings) :)

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I wrote it before but forgot where (so apologies If it is answered already) : I have this with Moscow especially - no matter which gfx settings I use it seems , like in your case,it is literally building up the longer I`m ingame...which reminds me to a common GTR 2 Bug, where that happened from time to time, but there you could get rid off it by pressing Alt/Tab ingame (only possible with singleraces of course cause you had to pause your race :) - doesn't work with R3E btw. )

Win 7/64, 8 GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 650,
    Phenom 2 X4 955, 3,2 Ghz

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  8. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    i don't know if it is the same issue, when i join a game, everything is fine, but after a couple of laps, i get some stuttering for a short time. as i experienced it happens always the same time, always on same spot on every track. i was thinking that probably the race recording causes the problem... but that is just guessing

9. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    No I think it's not the same because after a couple of lap I get the game to completely stutter until I'll close it and reopen it and not for a short time only ;)

10. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Today happened again after two mp races...i hope anyway this issue is getting investigated since is getting very very frustrating... :)

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Oh oh i hope I don't have the same thing. I raced online on Friday and everything was fine then some weird stutter would appear. Always at the same spot. I was playing at Bathurst and it was mostly from the top of the mountain going down those windy turns. I'll watch the replay and check if we can see them.

12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I think it just means your settings are too high i got stuttering at lowest so i reduced the resolution and know its smooth as gravel(im playing on a potatoe)

id blame the time it takes befor it stutters on heat, as your graphics card heats up it throttles itself somewhat to avoid overheating and then cant keep up with the game

13. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I thought about overheating too but I'm not sure...game was running fine before latest update and I'm playing raceroom from about 2 years now and never had any kind of problem...that's why I think it's related to latest update...i should see if it happen in sp too...

14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    No it's not overheat, the card can play bf4 with pretty much everything at ultra for very long period of time.
    I've che k with hmonitor and its low.

I'll do the same race with A.i to see. Then I'll try online, same track. Maybe @Drei will join :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    checked today under my notebook after about 20 minute of raceroom usage...temperature was normal and absolutely overheated...lot of time happens far before than 20 minute so i don't think too it's related to overheating... :)

16. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    try turning down your settings anyway, try reducing screen resolution or even # of ai in race because reducing my resolution fixed my problem 90%.

17. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Ah well there's no much things I can lower now :p anyway now I'm on mp and everything working flawlessy...let's see...

18. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Like the profile pic
    "I DONT THINK SO!!!!!"

19. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    So...this evening I was online on rre...i had to leave after about 20 minutes cause game started to stutter again...so I closed raceroom and without the engine sound I noticed that fan was running at high speed and the back of my notebook was hotter than before...i was thinking it was latest update but probably it's just a mere coincidence and you answer was the real problem I have...tomorrow I will try to de-assemble it to see if this is the issue... :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Actually that was also my first and only race online since the update. I need to get on tonight and give it some time.