Sudden increase in tyre change times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cypher, May 8, 2018.

1. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed something weird happening since a few weeks back.

I generally only race GT3 cars (I know, I know...) and choose a different car every time (just saying to point out that it's not related to one car). I try to play as realistically as possible and as a result I've enabled mandatory pitstops with tyre wear and fuel usage.

I always put in enough fuel before the race so that I don't have to fill up during the pitstop and I've created a pitstop preset to only change tyres.

What I've noticed in the last few weeks is my pitstop times have increased significantly whereas AI times are still unaffected. I'd be sitting in the pits jacked up, my wheels being changed one by one while I watch AI come in, get lifted up, boom boom, and off they go, while I'm still sitting there!

It wasn't happening before, my pitstop times were roughly the same as AI's as I would lose or gain a couple positions as it should be during the pits. Now it's just ruining my races and I have to specify the minimum pitstop time so that AI are at least sitting there too while my tyres are being changed.

Has something been changed as of recent? I don't recal seeing anything in the updates. Anyone else having the same issue?

2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Nope AI have been changed too.
    I'm 100% sure. Are you sure that they changed all the tyres?

The change was pushed on 19 April.

3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    A mandatory pitstop requires changing only 2 tyres to be validated.

I suppose what happens is that AI's are changing 2 tyres while you are changing all 4 ?

4. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if it's related to the change because that would roughly coincide with when it started. I was away on holiday for a couple weeks around that time and since I've come back pitstops have been ruined for me (unless I set the minimum time).

That kind of sucks. What's the workaround? Change only two tyres? Kind of defeats the point when there is no variety in AI strategies and everyone is only changing two tyres.

5. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @Cypher could you give a concrete example with your session settings?

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Why would they change all tyres if their (front tyre) wear doesn't necessitate that change? The AI will only change their rear tyres to fulfil the rule. This is a typical scenario if you enable mandatory pitstops in short to medium length races and don't increase the tyre wear rate.
    But there's many ways to make this work. Increase race duration, increase tyre wear rate, set a minimum pit stop time that covers changing all four tyres (+ refueling if that's needed), change rear tyres only too (you should be able to finish a race without changing the front tyres if they don't change them)...

• Useful Useful x 2