Suggested Leaderboard Enhancements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ducman888, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I love the idea of the leaderboard and spend majority of my practice time on them to gauge my progress. Seeing your friends and locations is very cool but I have a few things I think would be a nice addition.

1. A wrench icon next to the user if they are using a setup that is other than stock (black wrench)
    2. The ability for a user to share their setup by having a tick box in their setup page to 'Share on Leaderboard' (green wrench)
    3. Date stamp lap time was recorded

On a separate note on the contact page of your profile have a world map highlighting the countries of your friends, a bit cheesy maybe but would be kinda cool to visualize the R3E community you interact with.

• Like Like x 13
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    What would you like to see in the leaderboard?

3. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I really like Leaderboards challenge and I spend a lot of time on it, to pratice and improve my (low) skill.
    It could be interesting to know other player's setup, but I think setup is a "secret" for a driver, maybe no one wants to share own secrets to go fast :tongueout:
    But I'm agree with your list: we should give a change to who wants to share his setup and see who is using what.

In Excel I've edited and printed a tab with all tracks and all cars I own, where to "flag" Leaderboards I can't improve my times.
    - Personally I'd like to have the chance to "flag" a leaderboard as "Done" (maybe inside the main Leaderboard menu, for example with a colored white stripe if we have no timings or we haven't flag it and green if it's "done" ) and the timing we did there.
    Just because there are a lot of combinations of leaderboards and we can't remember those we have done or not.
    - Another little thing it's that in the Leaderboard Classific I'd like to see the real livery we used for that timings. At the moment if we use the same car, classific shows that we have the same livery... :grin:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see every time set on leaderboard in my profile.

Or can I do already and just did not figure out...?

And when searching for a driver (friend for ex) all times regarding all cars/tracks should show up.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    upload_2018-2-7_6-32-14.png
    I agree a concise list of the leaderboards you have entered with car, lap time and date would be nice. nOiSe idea of starting a spreadsheet is something I may start. In the meantime you can filter out individually on the Advanced Statistics page.

• Like Like x 2
  6. vmaki

vmaki Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I really like the idea of the suggested setup wrenches.

I would also like to see a list with car/class and track combos that are hot at the moment. And maybe a list of all car and track combos arranged in order of participation volume.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    That would be great !!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I agree, would be useful to see our various leaderboard times set in profile - also competitions times.
    For the moment, the figures I see in 'advanced statistics' are only, well... statistics (I mean not always useful for improvements)

• Like Like x 1
  9. alberthakvoort

alberthakvoort New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to have my leaderboard problems solved first;) It doesn't upload my times and save my replay's, so I can't get on the leaderboard. Same problem with competitions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed sometimes it only shows my time across the top of the screen while driving, while other times it includes the other entrants with gaps. Does seem to be a bit quirky at times.

11. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    As a R3E rookie I set some times in the leaderboards. I also would like to have an overview of all my personal past combo's which appear in the leaderboards if possible with a date stamp.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I do also spend a lot of time setting leaderboard times and what I'd really like to see, apart from the other suggestions in this thread, is getting a notification, if one of my friends beats one of my leaderboard times.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Some nice ideas here, especially the one to share setup of the car.

Like already suggested, I also would like to see all my lap times with the various cars and not just my best time, this would allow me to see where things are better.

Also, if I make a search using the accents in my name the result of the search comes empty, please correct that!

• Like Like x 1