Suggestion: AI Control or Mid-Race Save for endorance races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Impact251, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Impact251

Impact251 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello raceroom drivers and dev team,

I really like raceroom but i cannot drive long endurance races when I am alone because you can't save mid game or let the ai drive for you like in Project Cars 1 and 2.

Is this feature planned in the future?

It would be super cool because raceroom is the only sim that I play that gives me the oppurtunity to drive a 24 Hours Nordschleife race with 100 cars but I cannot do this at the moment if I am alone.

Thanks for replies.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for bringing this up as I have mentioned this on a few threads right here and no feedback. Its my favourite sim and one I play only. I have no room for others. I would like to do endurance races of 3/4/6/9hrs. It would be helpful to add the ability to driver swap with AI and let them do a few stints with me and most important be able to save my race progress. These features are present in GTR2. I would easily have more hours in this sim but these are the two missing features that limit how long I can play. Please consider these for development, thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It especially makes sense since the recent P1 and P2 updates - they got new tyre sets that allow for some really long stints.

4. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Single player in general needs a bigger update.
    Like reverse grid is fixed to 8...like why? There are no BOP settings (only fixed in championship mode). No option for custom point system...and many more.
    The saving mid race would be a nice cherry on top for sure :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'd love to see mid-session saves too. And completely agree on the additional race rule customizations.