Suggestion/Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destin65, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I'd add some suggestions to a bit of a wishlist of sorts for lack of a better thing to call it. I know you guys are working on weather, day/night cycle, multiclass racing, etc. but a few things I'd like to see.

1. Ability to set a race limit by distance raced. I was considering doing my own single player championship using modern Trans-Am racing rule, which are generally 100 miles race distance. That's when it occurred to me that R3E doesn't have an option to set up a race by distance. Would that be possible to add? For now I'm just using a timed race format of 1 hour and 10 minutes since at some of the tracks I race on that equates to roughly 100 miles. Would also like to simulate fixed distance races such as Spa 1,000 Kilometers race.

2. More vintage cars to go along with newer cars. GTO class is kind of barren with 3 cars. Wouldn't mind seeing some cars like in the GT Legends game brought to R3E. I understand licensing and other restrictions may be involved, just asking.

3. This one goes with #2 somewhat. Add in the US-based Trans-Am series. Believe it or not, but during the golden era of the mid-60s through the 70s, Trans-Am was arguably the bigget and most popular racing series in the USA, even more popular than Nascar. I'd love to see not only modern Trans-Am cars but also the vintage ones like the Dodge Challenger, Plymouth Barracuda, Ford Boss 302 Mustang, Chevy Camaro, AMC/AMX Javelin, etc. You could even do the Over/Under 2.0 engine size cars. Specifically, add the 1970 season. You do season cars in the game already, so say, a 1970 and a 2018 Trans-Am series cars. Would that be possible?

4. An Australian just messaged me, "We need our V8 series m8!"

5. **SPECIAL REQUEST** Please add the ability to have an AI co-driver. The game currently allows for a timed race of 10 hours. That just happens to be exactly how long the Petit Le Mans race is at Road Atlanta. I'd love to do endurance racing in R3E, especially in something like the Ford GT GTR1, over the course of 6-10 hours. But after an hour or so I'm pretty beat and need a break. Would be nice to pull into pits and swap out with an AI-driver who can take over and run until I'm ready to re-take my seat. Or will this eventually be added anyways when you bring in day/night cycles for potential of 24 hour racing?

Short feedback,

Some of the tracks frustrate me with very strict out-of-bounds, or cut-track, rulings. Hockenheim's GP hairpin and a couple curves plus chicane at RaceRoom are so strict that tires-on-curb is enough to get a cut sanction. Sometimes I feel unfairly. There's one curb that if you are riding along it and the curb ends as you transition back onto the track you get a cut penalty. I think maybe extend the curb a few feet to solve that. Also, Laguna Seca has a curb that to me is a little far up the track so that when you run the line through the medium-speed left-hander after going under the Mother's bridge, when you drift out to the far side of the track as it straightens out you will sometimes put one or both wheels onto grass just before the curbing starts. I've even seen AI do that. And not knocking your track building skills as all 3 are great and fun to drive, just that it's frustrating to so easily lose a timed lap to the point I struggle sometimes at Hockenheim to even get 1 timed lap in a 10 minute qualifying session, lol. Yes, I know I need to get better and more consistent but sometimes I feel the in-game justice system is a bit unfair sometimes. I swear my tires never went over the curbing. Meanwhile, at Slovakiaring there's so much generous runoff room that I rarely get any penalties there. Is that one a bit more forgiving since those certain sections are kind of demanding and prone to runoffs?

Anyways, have a good weekend all!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
  3. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Welcome: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/more-north-american-content.9612/