Suggestion - ghosted car countdown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Case, May 10, 2017.

1. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    So, if a car gets off track or is serving a penalty, it gets temporarily ghosted by the game (at least with certain settings). Which is actually a great feature. But there's one problem with it - you still have to treat the car as if it wasn't ghosted at all, because there's no way to tell if it's going to get "de-ghosted" in 10 seconds or right now. It's something I see fairly often, especially (but not only) in public races.

An easy way to fix this, IMO, would be to show some kind of countdown, say where the driver name and ping is shown, maybe adding a second row or something like that. That way, you'd be aware of how much time do you have and if you have to brake/avoid the car or simply drive through it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Totally off-topic, I've seen the guy from your avatar two weeks ago in Disneland Paris. Pretty cool to see a multi-billion pounds rockstar (Robert Smith, in case you ever change your avatar) and his family next to you at the exit of an attraction just enjoying their stay. They are just like humans... ;)

And now on-topic, I think all penalties and flags concerning a single car should be somehow displayed in MP. Or at least as an optional HUD.

3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    This is an old - but good - suggestion.

4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Not likely to change my avatar ;) Been using this image for almost 20 years now. Tried changing it a few times before, but so many people complained that in the end I just changed it back ;) And congrats.

I had no idea. Sorry. But I guess I should've guessed I'm not the first one to think of that.

5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Don't be sorry, it's a good suggestions.
    Nothing wrong with a reminder.

• Like Like x 1