Suggestion: User controlled reset point in practice mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olavafar, Sep 24, 2021.

1. olavafar

olavafar New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is a functionality I'd appreciate a lot.
    In Leaderboard mode there is a point where the car 'restart' if one press the 'Reset' button.
    I would like to take this functionality one step further.

In Practice mode, have a possibility to set a 'Reset point' by pressing a button (bound by user as all the others). When pressed, the state is stored (speed, direction, position etc) so that when one press 'Reset' one gets back to this point. This makes it possible to nail a specific section of a track without having to drive the full lap every time. Imagine for example if you have a problem with the a corner in the middle of the lap on a long track. You will then have to spend the majority of time driving the rest of the curcuit just to get to your 'problem' area. Compare to learning a song on piano. If there is a hard to play part in the middle one will not play it from start to end every time just to practice that part.

I think this would make drivers progress magnitudes quicker to be fast on all the tracks. It also gets quite boring to plow through all the long straights just to get to the fun parts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    That's a nice idea! I think I would finally learn the Nordschleife with such a feature.

• Like Like x 1