News Summer 2020 Dev notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like an angel in my ears is it works. Will put it to the test right away.

2. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Well I just was a few minutes a happy guy after reading this. But just fired up R3E and set the correct bindings. But the screen does not do anything when pressing the corresponding buttons. It looks like the option does not work after all. I use Surround van Nvidia by the way. Don’t know if this is the problem.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    2021 dev notes.... june ...........
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/may-2021-dev-notes.16906/
    Andi

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    No I'm not, many, many people have complained about the graphics performance since the Chrimbo update, it's just most bugger off and drive something else. RR is my favourite Sim so I like to persevere. You say you've read my posts but I'm not so sure, there is no randomness, it's plain and simple. Christmas 2019 S3 updated RR and my fps died, a week later they deployed a hotfix and all is well again, this happened at every update and subsequent hotfix. Then we get to the 2020 Christmas update and again bye bye fps, hotfix a week later and BOOM! no fix for me and it hasn't come back since. I run no unusual software, no MSI Afterburner, no security other than Windows proprietary offering, PC is used solely for Sim racing and nothing else, Jeez up til last Christmas it only ran RR, so prey, what have I done to make RR not work on my system? I've tried multiple HDD's, replaced every peripheral, tried 64 & 32 bit, tried countless GPU drivers, tried it keyboard as driving input, unplugged everything and tried running it, nothing adds one fps, not one. So your theory is that my PC has just fallen out of love with RR even though it was directly after a RR update. Be telling me I can cure it with a Ouija board next. :rolleyes: I won't be sitting down and listing everything I have on my PC, not that there is a lot but nothing new has gone on it for ages other than driver updates, it's attached to my driving rig and is solely used for driving, I have other PC's for surfing, multimedia etc etc. AMS1, another DirectX 9 offering gives me nearly 200 fps, so it appears it's not down to the archaic engine it's all down to my PC not liking RR anymore, well thanx, glad that's sorted, back to iRansom then, at least they just suck the blood clean out of me but at 100fps!

5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
  6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well...
    I just remembered that at some point you wrote that performance problem went away and then came back, seemed random to me, probably remembered something wrong then. To my defense, could be due to the fact that this issue is cluttered all over the forums in several threads. Maybe I'm the only one who got something wrong, but maybe you could try to keep everything in one single thread and rather bump this thread when you have the feeling nothing happens in your case, instead of writing about it in every new thread about updates to state that your situation hasn't changed.

I'm sorry if I got something wrong, I was just writing up my impressions and trying to help. Still my advise would be to bump one initial thread and maybe also tag relevant people right in this thread if you think not enough is happening. I can understand your frustration, and surely at some point you will not be bothered anymore if it can't be sorted one way or another. But I also think there's not much elso you can do. Andi again offered his valuable help already. I will at least try to follow this issue and see if I can add something of value, but I have my doubts about this, as I don't have this issue and can't reproduce it. Andi with his connections to other testers and the devs themselves is your best bet I guess.

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Seems wierd we are on a 2020 dev note ....

@GooseCreature do a new thread with a problem tag then it wont get lost

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It´s probably the wong thread to discuss this but if 100% card occupancy is a symptom then we need to find out what is causing it and how you are measuring it - Is that Windows´ task manager real time performance analysis showing that? What % occupancy do you get on the processor and what temps are both running at? Do you use throttle manager for instance to measure it?

Does the % occupancy vary if you are just in a game menu versus actual on track driving?

Have you rolled back to an older Nvidia driver e.g. 442 and not the one Windows forces on you?

9. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This is weird, i though it must have finally been implemented because your post from Sept 2020 being tagged :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    It's both, task manager and 3rd party tools I use when needed.
    When I start RR it will jump straight to 100% usage and pretty much stay there, does drop down occasionally but mainly sticks to 100%.
    I have Win10 pro, it doesn't force me into any updates and I've tried every nVidia driver, right back to pre 2019 RR Chrimbo update.
    I try RR every day and yesterday it got to 50fps at times but still looks like 20fps, all jerky, random stuttering and I have noticed that if there is a ghost car it jumps all over the place, shooting forwards, then zooming backwards. It's not my internet connection either, as it's smooth as butter fast fibre.

Cheers for trying to help though! :)

12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    It's ok, I'm spent, I can't keep going on.
    Will keep trying every day and scan the net for ideas but won't bother the forum again!

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature no offense, but could you please make your signature smaller? It literally takes up the whole screen. I don't even know why the forum lets you do that.:D

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Whoops, thought I'd got rid of that, consider it gone, twas only me being facetious.

15. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    So when are we getting the next dev note post for 2022?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It was a link to to a TikTok video posted on discord 3 months ago - good luck scrolling up to find it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1