News Summer Sale & Special Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 23, 2016.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Bugger, I liked the idea of getting the dtm experience a part of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Never received any emails from Raceroom either. It's about the only promotional mail I actually would like to appear in my spam folder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I can only use one at a time, plus all my oponents, Ai or real will be using the whole spectrum of skins in game whether i own them or not, you only need to buy the car and skin you plan on using.

Its not for the benefit of you or me, for new players coming into the game, i think that pack is expensive for what it contains compared to what an experienced player could purchase with a little knowledge.

It should be the other way around, cheap and easy for the newb to get into and get started, as it stands i think that pack is exploitive and taking advantage of newcomers to the game.

More experienced users know where and what to look for the best buys, newcomers dont, you should be pushing them to the best possible VALUE FOR MONEY not pull the wool over their eyes and try to make them believe it is a very good buy when it isnt and better can be had for less.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    The 50% discount is not what i meant, when i spoke about a loyalty reward.
    You need to be a bit more patient for that one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Easy, nobody's out to con anyone. One more time, for everything that is included in this pack this is the absolute best price, there's no arguing that.
    Whether sb wants those things exactly or not is up to them, don't you agree? I agree with your take on liveries, others want them all. It's everybody's own choice what to buy and how, but if sb wants those things exactly, then this is the best offer for that content, nothing more and nothing less.

• Like Like x 3
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    My wallet has learned to be patient.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. thewanted

thewanted New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    With regards to the Summer Special Pack, it's still tempting to wait for a Black Friday deal. If this year's is the same as 2015's, it'll be an instant purchase for me.

8. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    In the meantime, I will take this opportunity to make myself more loyal. Picked up some missing gt3 cars this morning.

9. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
  10. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I bought a track and a car this afternoon The money at the steam wallet has been discounted but I don't have the track and the car yet. What's happen?

11. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    The DTM '92 and Audi Sport TT cup car packs on Steam at 50% off look interesting...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dante79

dante79 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "TORRENTE, post: 82005, membro: 7019"] Eu comprei uma faixa e um carro nesta tarde O dinheiro foi descontado a carteira vapor, mas eu não tenho a pista eo carro ainda. O que está acontecer? [/ QUOTE]
    idem

Attached Files:

13. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I had to dust off the slide rule, but it looks like getting the Audi on Steam is the better deal.

14. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Answer this first, whats the most popular online right now, GT3, so you buy this pack, then what? Damn i have to buy a livery on top of all this to race a GT3 car i already own?
    I have never changed livery on a whim, car\manufacturer, yes, livery, just for the hell of it, no!
    Buy that pack you own no GT3 livery, the most constant and popular online today, come on, tell a new guy to buy that pack but forget it dosnt cover the most popular online content and they will still have to buy more, wtf would be my answer, are you taking the piss, cause that is exactly how it would seem.
    Exactly, you are buying cars you dont like, just because. Do a test drive and buy the car and skin you prefer, skin is irrelevant, how you like the car is it, then select a skin you like..
    Sorry i dont get why people would defend this pack knowing full well an experienced player could buy much more for less. You are not preaching to the choir, it is the guys with no knowledge, no previous experience of buying thru RR losing out because a pack is called good, or good value when it isnt good value, and far from it.

What would you prefer, a very limited number of tracks and almost any car you could drive or almost every track and a limited selection of cars, the tracks are what they are, like them or loath them thats how they are and how they drive, the cars, you gwet to test drive and if you dont like one you dont buy it! Simple!

This pack should be buy all tracks we sell right now and pick 10-15 cars and a skin of your choice, it gets the best parts over really cheap and opens eyes to the pitfalls of the pricing structure or model.

Raceroom marketing, come on guys, there is so much more you could do to invite new customers, there are many cynical views that could be taken as to how the last 2 weeks have gone, patch release, build up hype a little, cancelled, patch release, build up a little more hype, sorry cancelled, but we do have a great deal for all the newcomers, well actually its not that great a deal, but we built up the hype to get you here so it obviously is a great deal even tho it isnt.
    You get it, cynical as fuck, but it all ties in, screw the BS, you know what, screw it completely.

Lets be honest, we see the defences of the SMALL team, we see the defences of the limited budget, we see the calls blaming the pricing\releases\patches and any order being put backpurely down to publisher, idk, whatever it is.

But one of this small team, new and knows full well that this isnt a great deal for a new guy to the game and at the end of the day that is what it is aimed at, you can defend it all you like, anyone that has a little, even tiny knowledge of this game knows with a little nous you can get a good deal.

WTF, it is there right now, 39.99 for 7500vrp, 4500 for 25+ tracks and the rest spent on cars, ffs this is what you should be selling to the new guy not 15 tracks 30 cars for 49.99, you have to know better, do know better, and that to me, an avid supporter of the game if not its pricing model is what is most important, you know full well but you draw ten in on your model, 2 buy an extra track or two and feel bitter about it cause they have worked out the pricing finally, as it stands all it does is piss people off, once bitten twice shy.

Point them to the best possible deal right here right now, short term pain long term gain, piss them off now with their first purchase they are off for good, complaining whinging moaning about R3E and its shit pricing model, and it didnt drive that good had dated graphics and i couldnt even buy a Ferrari! WTF, but yes, thats how it goes isnt it?

Sos for going on, i have the best interest of the game at heart and see promo`s like this as being detrimental long term rather than an honest open approach where there is more money to be made, hey wtf do i know?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I'm so glad I own 100% of the content already so I don't have to calculate any discounts or have to worry about not getting the best deal etc. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    There were many other things in your post, but I just want to point out that today DTM 2014 and 2015 were easily the most represented among servers with people on them, at least during my normal R3E hours (8pm - 12/midnight GMT)

17. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We need a solution early!! We payed and we didn't have our cars and tracks... :( I create a forum post and I send a pair of emails to help desk. If you have the same problem dante send an email to the helpdesk!

18. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    My goodness, what is all this whining about the summer sale pack?!? It is good value for money.
    And the endless argument that RR is too expensive for newcomers - that is ridiculous. I don't know any other simulation game, where you can get in so easily. The game is free and comes with 2 really good tracks. You want to join GT3 multiplay - go ahead and buy a car 249 vRP (or 279) and you're good to go.

Coming from other sims, no matter flight sims or train sims, the prices here are extremely low. Just for comparission, for the price of all the content here, I'd just get 2 modules (planes) in DCS. So if somebody is scared off by having to pay 49 cents on an additional livery, I doubt he'd be a great addition to the racing community anyway.

I brought in half a dozen simmers with me and no one complained about the prices. Sorry, but I can just shake my head in disbelieve.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Users : Game is too expensive ... whaaaaaaa !!1
    Sector 3 : Here is a sales enjoy.
    Users : WAAAAAAAAHHHH not fair !!!!

6-24-2016 2-00-51 AM.png
    yes, its as ridiculous as it sounds.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you like the smaller cars then the FRRj is a must, fantastic little car, flipping opponents over the perimeter fence with a strategic dab of the brakes should be a sport all of it's own, bring on some historical open wheelers asap as far as i'm concerned, be it in a pack, individually or free as a loyalty reward! ;)

• Like Like x 3