Suzuka Circuit - The Destroyer of Tires

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scotty G, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have been doing the Silhouette Series races on a couple different tracks, and have tried a couple of ranked races. For whatever reason that track eats the tires off my poor little car. I am competitive for the firs 2/3 of the race before I start losing the front left to wear. Cars that are at my pace and faster appear to be immune to this (I know they aren't). Are there any tips for an average racer to reduce such tire destruction while maintaining competitive lap times on this track?

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    IIRC those were fixed setup so the only thing to do is steer less and reduce steering lock. In open setup, reduce tyre pressure on the front left.

3. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Throttle control? More coasting?

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Drive smoother, enter corners slower and reduce understeer. Take particular care where there a series of right hand bends. If you throw the car around you scrub the tyres more and get more degredation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have been using the brakes to get the nose to turn in. Then turning in just enough to keep the car on line, I have maybe 1/4 to 1/2 throttle to maintain speed, accelerating as I bring the wheel back to straight. I think my biggest issue is the two long right hand turns I turn in too early, and try to hold the inside of the turn while trying to speed up...

Thanks for the help!