Question svm file import

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by seufmeister, May 12, 2016.

1. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    How can I import setups with the file format .svm in the game.

Thx Stefan

2. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Put it in to your Documents/My Games/SimBin/RaceRoom Racing Experience/UserData/CarSetups/
    Create if necessary folders with Name of track and Name of layout
    For ex. path for one of my setup
    C:\Users\Denis\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\Nordschleife\VLN\RUF RT12R.svm

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    this is what I did, but they aren't shown in the game. The setup file which i created in the game are all in the .uvm format. Could that be the reason why .svm doesn't work?

4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Uvm only stores information about steering settings (lock, rotation and ffb multiplier). Svm is car and track specific setup, and you can find them in specific track folders.

5. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thx. I have five different folders for raceroomexperience. raceroom racing experience install 2, 3, 4, 5. Doe it matter in which i put the files?

6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, probably you are using 5 right now, but to be sure you need to check dates (last modified) of files - for example launcher.log should always have same date as your last launch of RRRE

7. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ok, now it works. i forgot the "ring" after hockenheim ^^

8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Just use exactly same names as are in game or in store, and it should work. And remember about 'ü' in Nürburgring :p

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If there is no Folder for the track you had the setup for, just load the track with a car in a training-session and open the setup, do a little change in it and save the setup. The Folder should be created automatically then...

10. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  11. heavelyz

heavelyz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Similarly, a friend gave me an SVM. It's in the correct directory, I can see it in Windows Explorer alongside my own SVM for that track/ car.

I've gone into windows explorer file properties and unblocked it. I've even edited the name to make it same length and same filename date/time stamp format as my SVM (but obvs different text).

But in e.g. single player/ single event/ for that car and track/ car setup, I can only see my original SVM. Same in multiplayer/ leaderboard challenge/ etc.

What am I doing wrong? Tips and tricks gratefully accepted.