Swift Question regarding the RR accounts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to have 2 accounts on a single computer? This question was raised by a friend of mine who would like to create separate account for his son.

Cheers

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Is he asking from the legal or technical point of view? If it's the latter, then create a new Steam account (you are allowed to have multiple accounts on Steam, btw, no problem) and add Raceroom to it. No content will be shared, however.

If it's the former, I can only guess. I took a glance at Raceroom EULA and haven't found anything regarding your number of accounts. Or age of the user, if your friends' son in underage.

Steam, however, has a minimum age of 13 and you also aren't allowed to let other people use your account. I understand it as your friend is only allowed to help his 13+ years old son create an account, but he can't create it for himself and then give it to his son.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  3. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The easiest way to understand the question is: One steam account, one computer and 2 raceroom accounts so that both can play. When one of them finish with palying, the other one can log in Raceroom under different name if that makes any sence.

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @Turtle Power The only way is to have separate steam accounts.

Each will connect to a specific raceroom profile.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks

6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    in addition, just to confirm, when you say "each will connect to a specific raceroom file" meaning that raceroom will have to be purchased again for the second steam account? Or only need 2 steam accounts without purchasing raceroom twice?

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that would be the case with a different Steam account.

• Like Like x 1