T300 Bumps and road vibration (experimental)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravey1981, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    That's the best idea to be honest, especially with something as subjective as FFB. If something feels good to you, leave it alone! It's easy to waste all our time tweaking and have little time left for actual playing. (Though I suppose that's not quite true for many of us, given the current circumstances.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's very strange regarding the damper and spring. Could you let me know you exact TM profile settings and in game settings so I can compare. Thanks

3. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    for me its still frustrating that this last bit in FFB is missing. I cant feel road impact unless I switch on Simhub and use the RRE suspension telemetry input to my Bass shakers.

I will give another go this weekend trying to spend more time tweaking the rcs file as per your recommendations in the OP and will post my rcs file in case I missed something.

Your T300 rcs one is not making much for my TS PC racer feel really sorry, and no pun intended because you are helping the community but its not working for me

• Like Like x 1
  4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I can't really do much other than experiment with my wheel. I also have a bass shaker which gives me most of what I want.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nolive721

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981

started from scratch using some more cross check with your rcs file content and now it works better, road feel is coming through the wheel.

not as good as other Sims I own but an improvement so thanks again for having guided me, us, into the right direction.

my rcs file for the TS PC Racer I own if people wants to experiment is attached here

thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. nolive721

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    spent most of my Japanese afternoon trying out tracks that I had left unattended for some time and the new settings work well on all of them. this thread and your findings should deserve more attention, I am surprised not having seen more comments because it really brings the one of the key immersion factors that was lacking for me in RRE

this thread should become a sticky:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  7. nolive721

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson

so now you know that a Japan simracer is a big fan of this tweak, and with you being the owner of one of Japan sport car masterpiece, is that fair to believe you are working in implementing this "Road feel" in the next FFB update?:p

8. ChRiS1021

ChRiS1021 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I've been testing your settings for few days, and it's really good with my T300.:)
    I just increased the understeer to 20%.

Can I share them on my french forum?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Of course. Share wherever you like

• Like Like x 1
  10. nolive721

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Mais bien sur il faut le faire!

11. ChRiS1021

ChRiS1021 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ChRiS1021

ChRiS1021 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    :flushed:
    I changed it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  14. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely love this. FFB finally feels complete.
    Many thanks @ravey1981

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've got a more recent profile with a few tweaks. I will upload tonight if I remember.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Reminder.

;)

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ooops sorry I forgot. So this is my personal profile. I haven't had time to reset the assignments so you will need to go through and assign all your own buttons etc.... Not a huge change from the original, a little less damping for better detail and revised understeer setting so you actually feel when the front is losing grip. The in game default is based on my settings (without the added vibrations etc) so that should be decent too. I find that most cars feel right with the default ffb multipliers with only a few needing slight adjustment. One drawback of the reduced damper is that in some cars there is some oscillation occurring, but I feel this is a good compromise since I never drive with no hands on the wheel anyway!

As always. Set everything to default in the TM control panel.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Or just use WinMerge to compare your file to mine, and import the changes I want. ;) Our profiles were already quite similar and I'm already using your "road vibration" tweak. The only thing I did import from yours this time was the front grip exponent. It feels good now, much more feel when grip starts to go on the front end. :cool:

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear. Front grip exponent is just the understeer setting in game so 0.3 = 30% for example so you can easily tweak from there. I found 30% to be the balance point between too low and it feeling overdone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nolive721

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 I had left this thread for a while but came back due to some post on other forums about road feel comparison with other Sims.

I also believe your latest variant is an improvement but steering rack force was too high as you set it at 120% and I was clipping heavily on my TS PC racer (100% gain in TM control panel) so as a consequence I was losing some feel especially front tires loading and understeer effect. at 100% steering rack force it went back to the good FFB feel I had before so thanks again for this fine tuning you did for the RRE community:cool: