T3PA pro + T.RJ12 USB Adapter + DFGT = Stupid Fun

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bakayoyo, Mar 23, 2016.

1. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    As you may have gathered Thrustmaster is now selling a USB adapter for their pedal sets making them compatible with virtually any steering wheel on the market.

I decided to get one because I was curious what sort experience using my T3PA pro pedal would give when combined with my trusty old DFGT wheel that was gathering dust after switching to a T300RS. Well, the result far exceeded my expectations. I've always loved the tactile feedback of the DFGT but because the pedals were so awful I couldn't control braking and acceleration sufficiently. That problem is now gone, using the T3PA pro's really transforms this wheel.

Because the DFGT gives such a lively feedback the sense of speed is much greater than with the T300. You really feel that you are pushing the cars to it's limits, and the wheels are going to come off any second. Whereas with the T300, going down the straight feels so smooth that that sense of speed is lost. In a back to back test I found myself losing concentration when driving with the T300, just mentally ticking the boxes going from breakpoint to breakpoint. Whereas with the DFGT the sense of danger kept me alert, and provided more satisfaction flooring it after hitting the apex.

That is not to say that the T300 is an inferior wheel, it's a way more precise wheel, it's just a different experience. Therefore I am very happy that I didn't sell or give away my DFGT after upgrading to a T300. I think of it as now having 2 distinctly viable ways to enjoy Raceroom. I can't wait to thunder down the Nordschleife with these new options available.

So if you have an old wheel in the closet and some T3PA pedals like I have, consider getting the T.RJ12 USB adapter, it might just give that old wheel a whole new lease of life.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this information. You should consider now to add the TH8A to your equipment too. ;)

3. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Or go Thrustmasterless, its the same as Ikealess home, achievement for pro racers.

4. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    What would you suggest in more or less the same price range?

5. Mark.Silcock

Mark.Silcock New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you know if this will work with the T500 pedals?

6. Mark.Silcock

Mark.Silcock New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear Mr. Mark Silcock,

Regarding your T.RJ12 USB ADAPTER.

Thank you for contacting us on this occasion.

The T.RJ12 adapter will enable you to connect even the standard pedals of the T500 directly to the PC.

Please see the technical support website in order to find other helpful information such as needed drivers and also, very important, the calibration tool:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/ger/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=412&cid=5

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other questions related to our products.

Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact
    Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Andreas

PS: To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please be sure to include the reference number [567229-1459516544] of your file in the subject line of any emails you may send us later on.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

is it possible to run the T3PA-Pro-Pedals in suspended position (GT/Rally-Style) with the USB-Adapter on PC?

8. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's how I'm running them.

• Like Like x 1