T500 vs CSL Elite Advanced

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eisprinzessin, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  2. sion.

sion. Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  4. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    the T500 is a brushed motor, the fanatic and T300 all used brushless motors, (the older fanatic V1 and Porsche wheels also used brushed motor) the advantage of a brushless motor is better, more informative feedback, the T500 is just strong feedback with plenty of dampening, and while that can be fun, it does not deliver information as well as a brushless motor like the T300 or Fanatec CSL,
    there are in fact two different CSL elite wheel bases, the XBOX 1 base for $299 US dollars, uses a weaker brushless motor than the Club Sport V2 base, and has a USB polling rate of 500Hz, while the Sony PlayStation CSL elite base. $399 US dollars, uses the same motor and 1000Hz poling rate as the V2 base, just geared the same as the XBOX version, and also in a plastic case,
    I also agree upgrading to a set of load cell pedals (if you dont have them) is a much better option than upgrading your wheel base

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I own the T3PA

6. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    you can get a load cell kit for the T3PA pedals from Ricmotech, or the CSL elite load cell pedals from Fanatec for $199 US dollars, I upgraded my Logitech G25 pedals to a used set of Fanatec CSR elite pedals, I was planning to just get the Ricmotech load cell kit, but liked the Fanatec pedals better, I still want to upgrade my wheel, but am very glad I decided to upgrade my pedals first, a load cell brake is a HUGE improvement over stock pedals, night and day difference, I could NEVER go back to a non load cell brake now. it was like going from a non force feed back bungee cord wheel to a proper force feedback wheel

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I just got a Fanatec setup including the V2.5 wheel base and V3 pedals
    The wheel base is fantastic and it's ffb adds so much more immersion to the game compared to my old G25.
    BUT BUT BUT it's the pedals that have made the most difference to my lap times

Some people will advocate that the G25/26 pedals are better then the T3PA's and in fact you will see people modding their old G25 pedals so they can use them with their thrustmaster wheels.

With my new set up I can 100% say it's the Fanatec CSP v3 load cell pedals that have made me faster and to a large degree more consistent with my lap times

The load cell brakes give you finer control. Slam the brakes on hard and then as the wheels start to lock up you release a little pressure but always keep the maximum pressure down just at the point before the brakes lock. I'm so much more precise and consistent and rarely lock up now for any length of time. This alone has made my lap times more consistent and enabled me to brake later. It took me about 10 hours of gaming to get used to them.

The accelerator pedal gives more precise control particularly in the mid corner phase where you want to just keep a little throttle on to maintain a consistent speed and then during corner exit where you can gently squeeze the throttle down as to not spin the wheels. And if the wheels do start to spin it's easy to just lift a little to gain traction again. The preciseness of throttle has certainly made my corner exit speeds faster.

Braking later; exiting faster = faster lap times
    Precise control over braking and accelerator inputs = more consistent lap times

For example; before I got the v3's I dreaded driving the GT1's as they have no traction control or abs brakes; I kept locking up and then spinning out; especially out of hairpin or slow corners. Now they feel much easier to drive. I even now drive the GT3's with out traction control and I used to have them on level 3; no traction control has made my corner exit speeds faster

Best way to describe the difference is that these v3's make my G25 pedals feel more like they are just an on/off button.
    They say the T3PA's are about the same as the G25's so that's the only way I can compare to them.

I've tried the CSL Elite pedals and they are certainly a big step up from the G25 pedals but the v3's take it to the next level and I think are well worth their money and they are beautifully engineered and look fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  8. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'd get the GT3 McLaren wheel with the clubsport quick release system.
    It's a slightly larger wheel and I love the bite clutch (duel clutch) paddles.
    The clutch paddles are also great to use as a hand brake in games such as dirt rally.
    https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/steering-wheels/csl-elite-mclaren-gt3-csqr-aus.html

They had some early issues with the firmware but that sorted out now (with mine anyway).
    They also have had problems with the CSL plastic mount but if you get the wheel with the CSQR you'll won't have any issues.
    Mine has the plastic mount and tho it's not caused any problems yet, I don't like the flex that's there so I'm going to upgrade it with the CSQR mount.

9. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    one more thing....

You'll see reviews talking about the fanatec wheels having a dead centre feeling when driving on a straight road and something about oscillating wheels when they let go of them!

I've had no such problems with the v2.5 wheel base and I can only assume that that problem has also been resolved with the CSL Elite Wheel Base as well

10. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK, Bought the CSL Elite PS4 base, the McLaren Wheel and the Clubsport V3 Pedals. Will see what happens.

Now selling my T300 with F1 and Alcantara Wheel, together with the T3PA Pedals...

• Like Like x 1
  11. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    You’ll love it..congrats

12. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    And thanks to all who helped.

13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club. You won't regret it. Except the rim its my combo since one year, and I have never looked back.

Resist the temptation to ever attach one of their heavier wheelrims. These work better with the CSW2.5 wheelbase. The CSL elite is so agile and fast last but not least because the default rim is so light, their lightest I think. Don't know the weight of the GT3 rim, however. Well, you'll soon find out.

Try the tuning options on the loadcell for the brake. Can be overlooked. And do not mistake the grease they deliver with the pack, with the kind of lithium grease you would need for the elastomer inside the loadcell. The delivered grease can work bad results on that elastomer, its only for the metal parts, not the elastomer.

I got a metal squealing sound some weeks ago. Some oil on the according parts worked wonders. after one year of use, almost, that is not much maintenance needed.

I took a round pill box, sliced it open and put it around the loadcell to help protecting against dust. You will see why that might be a good idea once the construction is laid out before your eyes.

Do not press the pedals and do not use them, to maximise spring life. :D

14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So no plug and play at first?

15. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    It’s 1025g which is 100g lighter than the P1 wheel and 150g lighter than the formula carbon

Attach wheel to base and plug in pedals, Install drivers and update the firmware and she’s ready to go

16. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    NICE set up!
    I will be curious to hear your opinion on the CSL base compared to the T300

17. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You have to wait until next week

Right now I am on holiday in Denmark. What stupid ideas lone huts in Forrest are able to give...

18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thx for the info m8, I was wondering about the difference of 100$ / 80 € in Europe :confused:

19. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    one interesting thing about this is, the Play station compatibility is built into the base, while the XBOX compatibility is built into the rim, so if you mate the PlayStation base with an XBOX rim it will work on all three platforms
    PC, XBOX1, and PS4.:cool:

20. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK, got it. Feels ok. I think the McLaren Wheel with the Elite PS4 base is a good step in top of the T300.

OK, just tried about 1 hout maybe, but feel strong and gives def. better feedback. Pedals are fine. OK, no rumple in RF2...i have to look what is the issue.

Is it worth the 1000 EUR?`Dont know yet. Have to try more.

But please tell me; How can i use the 12-way multiposition switches? Ok, their working, but how can i use them? for the ABS or Trako its useless...