T500 vs CSL Elite Advanced

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eisprinzessin, Sep 23, 2018.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I don't believe any games support the rotatory switches yet unfortunately. I remember reading somewhere that games are in development that can use this technology so consider the rotatory switches on your wheel as future proofing your hardware

took me 10+ hours of gaming to adjust to the load cell pedals from my G25 pedals. I had initially set the load cell to be very tight; wound the red adjustment out very far so there was very little movement but now I have it about half way out and it's much more comfortable to use but still very accurate.

Make sure you manually set the brake range in the Fanatec control panel
    That is critical and needs to be done anytime you adjust your pedal

After you've done 50+ hours of racing on your new gear; try your old wheel again.
    I just did that as I set up my G25 on my Son's computer and ..well let's just say I'll never ever go back to using a pot brakes again...load cell all the way from now on LOL

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You can use "Joy2Key" to make them act as a Keyboard input, Rotary knobs are like 2 buttone, turn left triggers b1 and the other way around b2.

So to adjust Brake balance as example map them in Joy2Key to any keyboard and use that in the game. Works like this in all games ;)

Oh and just if you wonder: The CSL Elite PS4 has the same hardware inside as the CSW2.5
    They can handle the BMW GT2 Rim (which is really heavy) very good!
    Driving the Rim on my CSW and on the CSL Elite PS4 and fell not much of a difference!

I tested the RIM on a friends older CSL Elite (the bathroom optic one) and it felt really bad :(

3. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Well not exactly, while the PS4 base has the circuit board and motor from the V2.5, I believe it uses the power supply and gear ratio of the CSL XBOX base, so both CSL base's only have 6nm of torque, but the PS4 version has faster rotation speed than the xbox version,

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  4. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Sad with the 2 knobs.

Now I will search for good ffb settings for this rig.

5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Great Wheel. Defenetly.

But how to configure the wheel rumble in rf2?

RRR feel great. But with the tons of old GT3 this is no more option for me. Tried it today, but only camaros and Fords.