Released Tatuus F.4

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Certainly looks like a sweet piece of tech.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    But then if we all done that then they wouldn't have the funding to progress and improve things, personally the display isn't that bad, more interested how the car drives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    ...and how it sounds

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    True, but then I've never had to worry on that side with S3, they've always been good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    No need to feel obliged to buy content in order to support Sector3. Just speculation on my part but I'm pretty sure the funding for R3E's continued development is coming in full from Raceroom AG (with the revenue gained from sales of content going the other way). This isn't a kickstarter project.

So if @Rodent feels something doesn't meet his expectations, no matter how trivial we may consider it, he's doing the right thing by keeping hold of his money. I won't be buying the Tatuus either if it ships with the floating wheels/shadow problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I hear you and believe me I've "done my part" owning all but the latest cars, Bentley GT3 was what broke the camels back for me when it comes to this admittedly minor niggle. But, even how minor what else am I to do? Sit down, shut up and keep spending my money? In the end I don't think that benefits anyone and wouldn't even be very satisfying to S3 to be reduced to taking welfare from me rather then selling me a product I enjoy.

I'm not asking for a conceptual change in business model, I'm asking a company making simulators to at least make an attempt of an accurate dashboard.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    @ James, just in interest over the floating wheels, I was wondering if we only notice it with the formula cars because the wheels are exposed, I watched a few replays I ran, and I'm sure if you look hard it actually exist on all the cars, but it's harder to spot, there is definitely a shadow problem you just have to watch them vibrate.

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    2016-05-11_220747.jpg
    ccs-2-0-49158700-1405701537.jpg
    Looks pretty accurate to me...

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Ok, but is this 120% accurate? I don't think so:rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Gosh, you're right.
    That's it, back to the drawing board.
    J-F, you gotta delay the release until Alex finds those two screws. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yes, let's pretend the argument has no merit by talking about something unrelated... :rolleyes:

Still, I've shit up this thread enough, enjoy the Tatuus those of you that will, my stance on not buying more cars featuring the generic display ( and not screws ) remains.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So what does the display on the Tatuus look like irl?

14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Best I can seem to find would be something close to this? [​IMG]

Having said that, honestly I don't really care how it looks, it's more that I know it sure as hell doesn't look like the display in a Mclaren, Bentley or Audi.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    yet you
    ?

Well there's also this one
    10948903_487876041387213_2110387767_n.jpg
    which is slightly different, and this one
    cockpitdetail-09.jpg
    which is slightly more different. So which one should it be?
    Point is most of the time there's several displays in use in the same type of car depending on teams, so it's unrealistic to say there's one realistic one.

J-F already commented on the lack of variety in the display department. Of course you're free to express yourself and go on about it but I for one doubt that that will aid the cause, mostly because there's more pressing issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Don't like The display? Here is the one I will use then.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Cool, trouble you for a link? =) I've expressed myself enough on the issue for now, we'll see when the next car comes. :p

Edit: And please don't quote me halfway, I don't care which of the Tatuus displays they'd use, I obviously care about the generic one.

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It was simply too much fun to take that out of context. Wasn't really meant seriously and I hope you didn't take it as an offence. ;)
    No trouble at all: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...lass-update-march-2016.4598/page-6#post-61475

So yeah, they are aware of the "issue" but as above, as long as there's more vital stuff in need of attention they won't "waste" time on this. Don't get me wrong, it would be a neat little thing that increases immersion, but there's much more important stuff right now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I hope it won't cost more than 249vRP, as i want to buy Shanghai to complete my track collection and i don't want to buy more vRPs, add funds to Steam or sell my CS:GO or Dota 2 items :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Did a Formula RR race and could not for the life of me notice any shadow floating effect on those cars - so why isn't the same magical trickery that is employed there also used on the Formula Junior cars ? :eek:

My guess is the F4 will be just fine and not have this weird hovercraft effect... hopefully we get to check it out soon-ish !:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1