TCR International Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by James Cook, Feb 8, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    This is probably one for @Jay Ekkel but are there any plans to licence this series for Raceroom at some point in the future? I appreciate that TCR isn't radically different to WTCC but it does seem to be a series that has attracted a lot of interest and is gaining traction.

For those that don't know, the TCR Series is being established as a low(er) cost alternative to the WTCC. Works teams are prohibited, instead manufacturers have been approached to build homologated cars for sale to teams. A number of well known touring car teams have signed up to the series. To quote an article from Touring Car Times (http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015...go-proteam-and-campos-will-compete-this-year/):

Seems like an interesting series with a nice line-up of cars.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    at some point in the future, maybe, potentially, who knows, lets see

• Like Like x 3
  3. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jay. I didn't expect a definitive answer, just wondered if it was on the radar at all.

4. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I would dig up this thread as a place to chat about the TCR series.

This looks to be the car line-up for 2015: http://www.tcr-series.com/index.php/cars

A successful balance of performance test was completed at Catalunya last Wednesday for the Leon, Civic and Astra, with the Focus due to be tested separately before the start of the first race at Sepang on 29th March. A VW Golf may be coming to the series later in the year.

Really looking forward to this. Balance of performance should make this more competitive than the WTCC.

• Like Like x 1
  5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Touring and GT is where it's at man. Me too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    There's a YouTube channel: TCR TV

....hopefully races will be live-streamed here or at least available to watch after the event.

Some video of the BOP testing:

Article here with a few images: video and images from first TCR testing

• Like Like x 1
  7. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    What`s BOP ?:confused:

8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The clue's in the title of the video.

(balance of performance ;))

9. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    TCR INTERNATIONAL SERIES UNVEILS FIRST TV DEALS

With the inaugural event in Malaysia now a little over a week away, the promoter company WSC has unveiled a list of the first TV channels that will broadcast the 2015 TCR International Series.
    Deals have been put in place with SKY Italia, Sport1 in Russia, BT Sport in the UK, 4 SportPro in Finland, Motors TV, Fox International in Asia and Mediapro’s new F1 Channel for Latin America. Other negotiations are heading towards a successful conclusion and these include coverage in Germany, Portugal, Spain, Middle East, China, Indonesia and Thailand.
    SKY Italia will broadcast TCR races on its F1 HD channel, live when there is no F1 GP in the weekend, or delayed in the event of a clash with F1. The same applies to the Mediapro F1 Channel.
    The Pan-European channel Motors TV will air all races live and so will BT Sport in the UK and Ireland, while Sport 1 in Russia and 4 SportPro in Finland will offer 26-min highlights of each event repeated three times during the following week. Race highlights will also be broadcast by Fox International across 43 countries in Asia.
    Worldwide news channels Omnisport and SNTV will report on the series on a regular basis.

WSC CEO Marcello Lotti commented: “We are delighted that the first deals have been reached in order to guarantee a good worldwide TV coverage for the TCR International Series. We are especially pleased because this has happened even before the inaugural event takes place. And we are confident that we will be able to announce further agreements next week.”
    (from Facebook official 'TCR International Series')

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. alehop69

alehop69 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Such a great news...!!!!!!! We can watch the TCR on MotorsTV...(the high speed television channel...;))

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It's on MotorsTV. Fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Can't see it in germany :(

13. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    @Tobias Schröder
    "[...]Other negotiations are heading towards a successful conclusion and these include coverage in Germany[...]"
    So keep your fingers crossed...:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but as far as I know you can get Motors TV in only three states of Germany.... Luckily I am living in one of these but for many others it's hard/impossible to see the races on television.

15. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    And No USA coverage..../sigh

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I want motor Tv in north america. Why are race fan around here always getting the shaft. I know we are not the fastest racer on earth but that doesn't mean we dont like it :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    MotorsTV announced they were expanding to the US this year, don't know if they have any carriers yet though.

18. Sparkyplug

Sparkyplug New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    DTM Moto gp and TCR all on BT sport time to add it to sky me thinks

19. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yeah and get rid of Sky F1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pastor_Chris