TCR International Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by James Cook, Feb 8, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It's early days to be honest. There should have been a Focus and two Astras on the grid but those teams still have technical issues to resolve. Hopefully the grid will be bigger in China but I definitely expect numbers to grow when the European rounds arrive.

The SEAT is the most developed and well established of all the brands, being not too dissimilar to the Leon Cup car, so it was always going to be the safe bet and the one to beat. The Civic was certainly competitive though and remember that balance of performance adjustments will be ongoing. This first year will be one long testing exercise in a way.

I read that Team Engstler were looking to run VW Golfs later in the year so the Audi TTs will most likely be a stop-gap. Then again a Leon is basically a golf so there you go. Other manufacturers will join, I'm sure. It's a low cost way of getting your brand involved in motorsport. The idea of TCR is to borrow from the successful GT3 format - lower cost, performance-balanced customer cars with no works involvement - and with 16 series around the world signed-up to TCR regulations I think it is the future of touring car racing.

Anyway both races were fun to watch. The first was a little messy but the second was much better with the five-way battle for the podium. TV coverage definitely needs some onboard cameras though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sparkyplug

Sparkyplug New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Tv coverage could definatly be better as you say james still have no idea why it wasn't on bt sport in UK as said in the press release
    I thought the racing wasn't bad a few more teams and car etc would make it more interesting hopefully the ford and opels get up to speed quickly

3. lslarko

lslarko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    There's two small 3-4 minute highlight reels on the official youtube channel looks like it could be a interesting series but my lord for two short races there was A LOT of incidents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    First corner in race one was like the start of a R3E multiplayer race. Seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  5. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Could a mod type person move this thread to off topic please?

So are you guys still following the TCR International Series? I've just been catching up with the last three races - Valencia, Portimao and Monza - and it feels like the series is starting to get into its stride. Races are very close and fun to watch. The first 8 races were won by 7 different drivers which is testament to how well the cars are balanced both technically and through success ballast. The SEAT Leon was the car to beat for the first couple of rounds but it is Morbidelli's Honda Civic that is leading the championship at this point. Fernando Monje's Opel Astra is getting more competitive and got a first podium at Monza. Also the Ford Focus ST made a first appearance here driven by Tom Boardman and managed to score a point.

TV coverage is improving too. Now we have some on-board cameras and better graphical overlays.

Salzburgring is the venue for the next two races on Sunday. A great track as R3E players well know so definitely one to watch.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    done

• Like Like x 1
  7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Watching this tonight. Its quite good. I am enjoying it so far.
    I like the format.

4 car wide at Monza on the start straight !!! wow ,,, sei pazzo??
    5-29-2015 12-18-49 AM.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  8. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    You should change your banner from 'developer' to 'mod type person'. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    That was particularly good to watch!

10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Found this video on the TCR site: footwell cam onboard with Gianni Morbidelli at the Salzburgring...

• Like Like x 3
  11. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Saw this the other day, kick ass.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MarcM

MarcM Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    nice video! Saw the races live at the Salzburgring - great atmosphere, exiting races, reasonable prices (20 Euros + 10 for paddock access - kids free) + histo cup (my ears are ruined), youngtimer races and BMW 325 cup - motorsport as i like it!

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Wish I could have been there. Salzburgring looks like such a great track, very pretty surroundings too.

I wish TCR (and WTCC) would come to the UK but I'm guessing the organisers feel it isn't worth going up against the BTCC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    That footwork...

15. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Footwork! ?

• Like Like x 2
  16. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I know that video ;)

To me, it is easier to heel toe than left foot brake modulation. At least feels more natural!

17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Footwork?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Man I wish TCR would show up in R3E, and if not in R3E, some other sim. They are really bringing it

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    That would be great but I doubt the WTCC would be happy with the TCR licence turning up in R3E. I think it's clear that TCR is now a direct competitor and threat to the WTCC.

The TCR International Series would be a great licence for someone though. I can't imagine it would be a massively expensive series to licence.