TCR International Series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by James Cook, Feb 8, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I somehow missed this piece of news:

http://www.touringcars.net/2015/10/macau-entry-list-features-new-alfa-romeo-giulietta

Not a complete surprise as the Alfa Giulietta was listed on the TCR official website as a suitable entry months before the championship started. I hope this entry materialises as I love Alfa Romeos and miss their involvement in high-level touring car racing. Plus the Giulietta is a beautiful car and should look stunning in race spec.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    even though i like tcr, i don't like seing only hatchbacks on the grid. they may look nice but i prefer sedans. would be good if it was a mix of both like in the golden days of s2000.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Astra looks really nice... great to see them back in an international touring-car-series.

Not only - the subaru will be a sedan... but I hope for more too. Would be nice if Volvo would build a Spin-Off of ther WTCC-Car for TCR.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I hear you. The BTCC seems to be the only top-level touring car series that features a healthy mix of body styles/sizes and also different drivetrains.

As far as the WTCC and TCR are concerned, there is a divergence of body styles between the two series. The sedan shape makes more sense for the WTCC's TC1 regulations according to Volvo and evidenced by the Civic being the only hatch on the grid. The hatchback is more at home with TCR regs. I'm sure that's not by design in either case, just the way things have panned out.

TCR may be dominated by hatchbacks but the regulations are clearly successful. Most mainstream manufacturers have a TCR eligible model that can be built as a customer car on a modest budget. It doesn't take years of research and planning to get a car involved in the series, hence the final race in Macau has provisionally attracted 31 drivers and a seventh manufacturer. Not bad for a first season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    does tcr have any rwd cars?

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about the subaru, as the road-Version has AWD - but according to some pictures I think it has fwd. All the other cars have fwd, too.

8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    All FWD. The Impreza was converted to FWD which was quite a project apparently.

9. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
  11. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings: