Question Teach me ballast

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Why does RRE add ballast to my car in Single Event qualifying? With other Saleen S7R's in the GT1 race, I can only feel that I am doing something wrong. It happens all the time.

Thanks "Nash"
    Ballast2.jpg

2. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    turn drivers aids to factory with abs and tc

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's probably because you activated ABS and traction control in the settings while the AI cars don't use those driving aids in these cars.

4. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I'm confuse a little bit guys. When we set the assist up in Single Event. Aren 't we (the player) setting up the game the way we want it? And Raceroom sets the other cars (in single event) up equal to the player's choice? If that is not so, how is the player to know how to set the assists up to be equal to the other cars and what Raceroom wants? Don't we have a choice to set the Single Event assist up the way the player wants?

Thanks for helping me and maybe others out guys.

"Nash"

assist options2y.jpg

assist options2x.jpg

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure, maybe you're being assigned that ballast because of the automatic transmission. Everything else should be fine in terms of ballast.

Actually I would agree with you. I don't see the point in weight penalties in single player races due to driving aids. On the other hand, you can simply lower the AI difficulty a bit to make up for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The next question I have about ballast is, how much difference is there really in speed and time if any?
    0kg vs 25kg vs 35kg. Should we really care? On a big track vs a small track? Can you really tell the differance?

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It always depends on the car and the track, but for an average car on an average track, I'd say that 10kg ballast make you 0.1 seconds slower per lap.

8. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    its a few tenths per lap, biggest impact will be to handling and tire wear, that will have more and more of an impact in longer races

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    He probably made these screenshots later. I tested it and gearbox doesn't affect your ballast, only assists do. One thing that was confusing is that it only showed my ballast while I'm out on the track. While in the garage, it's "--".

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021