Question Teach me Ranking

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    bigk, hit esc and the game put you in the pits? Got any ideas of stop racing to stay out of everybody way? I don't want to DNF and lose points like some people do. When I get so far behind in the race I want to just go the pits a wait until the end. No reason of just riding and have an incident. Everyone loses points.

"Nash"

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hiding in pitlane is not going to help you get better though. I suggest you move to single player mode and do some offline racing against AI before attempting multiplayer that way you can take more risks without putting players out - the AI never get mad, just flash their lights.

3. blgk

blgk Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I was not "hiding". I had something to attend at that moment. I was only warning that if you come back to pits you'l have a high penalty (-8..). Although I've read that if you come back to pits but you stay in the session, the penalty will be lower than the one for disconnection, but seems not true.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If you're sure you didn't go against the required direction at any point then this might simply be a bug.
    If you'd like to help us investigate this issue I'd need your log files from that race.

Log files are stored in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log
    There's several files in there, I'd need the Game_xxx.log and MWTransport_xxx.log files from the session in which this error occurred.

xxx stands for the timestamp so look for the files that have a timestamp around the time you did that race. The format is "year_month_day_hour_minute_seconds".
    Note that the timestamp shows the time at which you started the game, not the race itself, so if you did some races before that one without closing the game in between the timestamp could be a few minutes or hours before the actual race time.

5. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Just getting started with the servers; I'm not clear on a few things.

Rank - only effected by your final position and related to the strength of the field?
    Is it possible to lose so much Rank from poor finished that you get 'relegated' back to Rookies?

Rep - based on clean racing (for want of a better word). What impact does Rep have on your ability to join servers/race? I think I get that it shows your 'cleanliness', but how does that translate into the game as a thing; do you get banned, are there Rep-based servers etc?

I like that Rank isn't effected by incident points, so as long as your try to race cleanly, your ability to rave on a 75/80 rank server isn't ruined by someone else's driving.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yes.

No, "Rookies" is only a name for servers (and not a very fitting one) and it only means there are no requirements to enter.

Your rep and rank values aren't related.

Yes, 75 and 80 are the rep requirements, not rank.

Rank-based servers exist too, they are called "Silver" and "Gold" and these are daily and weekly races with longer distance. "Bronze" only have rep requirements, any rank can join them.

• Informative Informative x 1