TeamSpeak headset problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jason Plummer, May 21, 2016.

1. Jason Plummer

Jason Plummer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jason Plummer here. So I got a new Mad Catz FREQ 9 headset that the mic funtions properly when its connected VIA Bluetooth, but it gets REALLY choppy sounding when connected to my computers bluetooth. Then, when I plug it in VIA USB cable, the sound is perfect and I can hear people but I lost the mic functionality. Any ideas?

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
  3. Dawks

Dawks New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Everything says "bandwidth problem" ... which is bizarre.
    Do you have another BlueTooth device with mic? BT is pretty bulletproof. You aren't connecting at some ridiculous distance, are you? right odd.

I use Corsair BT headset/mic and that's not the problem I have.

BTW the reply above points to a post that is little better than gibberish. He connects via BT but has no success, then is told that he needs to connect via BT, which solves the problem /*blink*/

4. Jason Plummer

Jason Plummer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. That really sucks. I can connect it to the PC with Bluetooth but it's so damn choppy sounding its unusable. Guess I'm SOL and should go get a cheap headset

5. Jason Plummer

Jason Plummer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nope i'm just 4 feet away. It's the only BT device connected to my PC.

6. Dawks

Dawks New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ... say, run Task Manager and see if there's something chewing up cycles.

No other BT mic you can use to compare? as test?

Causally all I can think of is somehow CPU is not processing BT data sufficiently well. Since direct connect w/USB is fine ... BT has to be the bottleneck.

Or, simpler: you've got up to date drivers? If you've updated to Win10 then you can take //nothing// for granted.

p.s. I got so tired of tweaking/fussing/twiddling I've decided to rebuild my "pretty damned good" game box AMD Phenom 965 (quad 3.4GHz) in favor of i5 6600K. And will probably cross-fire my 7870. I no longer trust OS. (All of which blows the budget I would otherwise devote to wheel and pedals. meh.)

Addendum: how new am I to R3E? only just now uploaded avatar :)

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  7. Jason Plummer

Jason Plummer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I don't think my rig is getting bogged down, I'll try updating drivers. Thanks for the reply.

8. Dawks

Dawks New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Peek Process Manager. (A nice thing to know how to do.)
    It's not big things that trip us up; we see them right away. It's the little things. (I raised 5 kids with the money I earned doing hi-tech trouble-shooting. I always hope folk who are arrogant simply burst into flames and let the rest of us get on with life!)

p.s. anybody else would have asked you about your rig ... CPU, RAM, GPU, that sort of thing. So many folk are wealthy, I refuse to embarrass the good folk who are not, even if only by accident.)
    p.s.2 chatting with and R3E designer and a WTCC driver about how irritating we are ... folk who pay attention to details and don't let things drop /*grin*/)