That's rip-off ! Sector3/Raceroom please let the loyal and long-term customers complete packs again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Slow, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Just for your information:
    I already played raceroom in 2013 on my old laptop back then. Good luck finding the profile. But with your enthusiasm to denounce people this shouldn't be a problem for you. You're the worst kind of people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ....well... he contributed more in 1 post than you in 20...

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Time for a little reminder (again) what all the fuzz is about at this state of "discussion" .
    In such a situation the concerned person is mostly just orbiting aound her own blind spot that slowly becomes a personal kinda black hole that sucks in whatever it gets ( to trigger & getting triggered). Such persons (which everyone of us can become quickly :) ) might even deem themselves on a kinda holy quest or crusade for the good of all while in reality it is actually just a (sometimes cold ) tantrum.
    We're only human, after all : https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/great-tracks.1276/page-20#post-135557

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I don't feel that someone has to have had an account for a certain amount of years to have a an opinion. One can read the information in front of them and make up their own mind.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You joined this forum less than a year ago, and have only made 5 posts before this thread in the past year since you joined.

Congratulations. You are one of the people you claim to hate.

Anyways, anymore personal attacks from you is likely going to get this thread shut down though. So please, do continue one more time :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    :D
    A profile link is not always accurate and does not always tell the whole story. Mine probably says I'm really a newb. The reality is that I was a beta tester for the original GTR back in the year 1999 when Simbin was developing it as a mod for EA's F1 2000. That eventually progressed into Race On and Race 07. Sometimes a new PC build is a good time for a fresh install. In my case, it also happened that I race on RD servers where there is a rule that we must use a proper sir name. So I gave up my secret identity as Mad Scientist for good.

• Like Like x 4
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Another successful thread.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Why hasn' this been locked down?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    ...and the townsfolk could once again rest easy. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Because the mods were asleep and last I checked this thread hadn't devolved into a shit flinging contest. I should've read my own signature and heeded it.

So first of all, the packs are heavily discounted bundles. To bring the flawed McDonalds analogy to a more correct state it would be more of a coupon deal. You are to buy 500 Big Macs for your friends and only pay for 40. This is a nice deal. However, you have now used this one time deal. The next time you go there they will say, "I'm sorry. That was a one time offer."

Would you be upset about this? Most likely not. And unlike a Big Mac or 500, the content you own stays. At least until our servers melt in a fire or the potatoes that power them rot.
    If we were a McDonalds it would be financial suicide to allow people to buy 500 burgers and pay for 40 over and over and over again. Likewise it's not sustainable for Sector3 to offer everything on a heavy discount over and over again.

If we did, we might as well just remove all the packs and slash the prices for everything by 70%, turn off the servers because we can't pay for them any more and shut the studio down. You don't want that. I don't want that. I enjoy working here even though I'm not paid enough.

So what's the solution? I don't know to be honest. But it's not whatever the hell is happening in this thread.

• Like x 8
    • Agree x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Love it! x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.