That's rip-off ! Sector3/Raceroom please let the loyal and long-term customers complete packs again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Slow, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Thank god for that..:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The only thing that is annoying is the fact that a pure new user can have everything for some bucks (premium pack). Thats quite not fair, inho.

3. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but none of that has anything to do with the issue. It's not necessarily that the prices are high (at least that's not my main concern) but about how unfair everything is. Even iRacing is more fair to their users, while being more expensive at the same time.

If they are not willing to offer discounts on future content purchased by Premium pack owners, then the least they could do is to completely do away with a Premium pack for all content that can only be bought once. Just keep the Starter and Pro packs. This way no one would feel like they're being ripped off and long-time users would never face the ridiculous dilemma that @MustangSVT talks about in post #16.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    But, but... but...

Muh new rFactor 2 dlc pricing... :D:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Some kind of loyalty discount would fix all this, something we've discussed at length down the years, but meh, Raceroom ain't listening. All we can do is shop smart i.e. be patient and make use of sales and buy packs at the right time (I got the latest three GT3 cars + all liveries + all other liveries I hadn't bought for older cars for around 500vRP).

These sales model threads always get shouted-down when they arise but the fact that they keep occurring should sound alarm bells for Raceroom and Sector3. I firmly believe R3E isn't maximising its potential (player numbers are still quite poor), in part due to the way the game is sold. It's convoluted, confusing and off-putting.

Let me just say that I'm all in favour of supporting the devs who work so hard on this game by paying a fair price. I don't want everything for nothing. However, I dread to think how much I have spent on this one game over the past four years (although I don't regret it). I want to support the devs as much as I can but I have to draw the line somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Ah... First world problems... What would life be without them? :D:p

And for serious... Yes, the pricing scheme is a bit unfair for long term loyal users. It would be nice if they would implement a discount dependable on the percentage of "owned" content. But on the other hand, if you don't like the pricing scheme don't buy it. It doesn't make any difference in game. You still will race against them, you won't be excluded from multiplayer (like AC for example) and you only can't drive them yourself.

So cheer up, and remember what the guys of Monty Python said... Always look on the bright side of life! ;)

7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 have 0 say on pricing, they have commented on that. It is all up to the mother ship, RaceRoom

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    that's a good suggestion, some form of yearly packs again.
    It's great that newcomers get things cheaper (premium pack), helps grow playerbase, but you are right there have been no other packs. Which defies the initial "loyalty" bonus of the early frequent packs, you mostly never had to pay the full price of the pack, given you had some content overlap and there was new packs.

However, a lot of the discussion about "how can you defend this", imo is not about defending these details, everyone is happy when things are cheaper, it's mostly about people who accept that some things cost more than others and focus on the "value" being the fun they get out of something, rather than the monetary value they spent. Value is very subjective.
    edit:
    That's why it doesn't feel like rip off to me, if you have so many packs, you actually have a lot of content at discount already, a lot of things to have fun with.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  9. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yeah lets remove the premium pack, then everyone will be happy...

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    That wasn't my point. Of course I don't really think they should remove the premium pack... they should do a loyalty discount instead, for those who have bought it. But since they are apparently too obtuse to do it, then I, with tongue firmly in cheek (which doesn't come across very well in written conversation) proposed removing the Premium pack as the lesser of two evils.

Hell, at least it would then resemble a "normal" business model where you would have the base version(s) of the game (Starter and Pro pack) and everything else as separate DLC. Same for everyone, both new players and long-time big money spenders. Equality! Happiness and joy!

But seriously, that wasn't really my point...

• Like Like x 1
  11. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember if it was made known by Sector3... will there be additional GT3 cars added in the not too distant future?

I own most everything (Premium Pack) except the new GT3 cars. I'm trying to decide if I should just buy the Callaway Corvette for around 457 vRP (one car, 2 extra liveries) or all three for 451 vRP (3 cars, all liveries). It sounds like an easy choice but if there are more GT3's coming I may save my GT3 pack buy for later (can only purchase the pack once). Do I use the GT3 pack discount now and buy anything coming in the future at full price or pay full price for the car I want the most now and use the pack discount later.... decisions...

12. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    i'm pretty sure there will be a porsche 911 gt3, but don't take my word for it. But it will most likely only be the one car anyway so if I were you I would go ahead and get the pack.

13. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    No I know sorry for being a dick

• Like Like x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Have a look at this quote from J-F's interview at Racedepartment;)

RD: We know other GT3 spec machines have been confirmed over the past few months, can you remind us what they are, and when we might expect to see them in the store?

JF: The Audi R8 LMS, the Mercedes AMG GT3 and the Callaway. We have a fourth one that will follow within weeks. And the GT3 licensing never ends. I thought I could finally take a breath and enjoy the fact we have the latest models, and now they announced a new Bentley, new McLaren, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. apex11

apex11 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Last night i clicked on GT3 pack to complete it with the 3 new cars and got all 3 plus liveries for £3.97..... it can be done, no rip off for me..

16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    it can be done if you NEVER purchased the gt3 pack previously. That is were the problem is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    So, if I'm reading this right, you already had the other GT3 cars and now you 'completed' the GT3 field with the three new cars plus liveries for £3.97... right ?
    Could you enlighten how you managed to do that?
    I can't...
    I bought all content a long while ago and since then it seems that I'm being punished for that, since I have to pay full price for everything new, while 'newcomers' get it for a fraction of the price.
    I know nothing forces me to buy all the content, but it just does not seem fair and it is getting pretty expensive this way.

Another thing, browsing in the shop and wanting to buy at least the Audi, I saw this:

You will always get a better deal if you purchase it as a part of the entire car class...

Can someone please explain me how ? Because whatever I click, I still have to pay full price.
    I have bought the Audi, this time only with one livery though. It's way too expensive imo...

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This was answered directly above. It simply means that you get the best deal if you buy the class pack. So, in this case, the GTR3 pack.

Sounds like you must have bought that already.

19. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    you did not understand a thing

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    all work merits salary
    ;)