That's rip-off ! Sector3/Raceroom please let the loyal and long-term customers complete packs again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Slow, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Even without selling my old account (which is illegal, I think) it'll save me money.
    Hearken, defenders of the company's strategy, try to criticize this without being inconsistent according to the laws of the free market!
    :p

2. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    in germany it is NOT illegal. this was settled in several court decisions !

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    umso besser :D

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    wouldn't you need a new steam account then? because the raceroom account is tied to it.

and this discussion happens ALWAYS when new content is out. This is like groundhog day. and everything about saving a few bucks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    So what? All I need is an email account linked to both.

6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    The lengths some people are willing to go to save a couple of euros per year never cease to amaze me. And I'm saying that as someone who currently only had to choose one of the newly released GT3 cars to buy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I think you (and many others) are missing the point what many, who have been purchasing R3E content for years now, are making here. It is not the matter of the price of a single car or track that is bothering. It is the confusing and messed up pricing system as a whole. It is simply a bad business decision from the consumer point of view and just by reading sim racing forums, pricing is clearly the biggest single complaint regarding this game, and many people already simply refuse to invest in the game because of it. According to Steamcharts R3E average player count has stagnated to roughly between 250-300 players on monthly basis since may 2016. Although it is in a way a good thing that the amount is quite stable and there is no immediate threat that the game is dying, it isn't significantly growing either which isn't a good thing. Even the reasonably priced packs haven't been able to bring userbase up, so they aren't that effective in that sense either. Anyway, based on what I've read from different forums, I am pretty certain that playerbase could be somewhat higher if things would be different.

And now that you mentioned saving "a few bucks", could you tell me what is the price difference between Premium Pack and single purchases (single cars or class packs, whatever you choose)? Just simple numbers showing those "few bucks", please? Or at what point Premium Pack is a break even with normal content prices? I'm quite sure nobody knows because of the weird discount system, but I can tell you that if you do this several years and support the developer by buying pretty much every release at or close to launch, it will be a big sum of money for most people that you can potentially save by just stopping buying new content at release, waiting and becoming a "new" customer. So creating another account for Steam, which doesn't take any longer than registering to any other game or service, is quite an easy way to save money at some point.

And yes, you normally pay a premium when you purchase a game or DLC at launch and just by waiting few months, you can usually get 25-60% discount of the same product. This is simply not the same thing. Difference is, like explained, that other games don't employ ever evolving packs or bundles like R3E and employ confusing and opaque discount system above that. For example, single AC DLC pack is exactly the same content wise years from the release as it was at the time it appeared for purchase and new stuff is released in new packs. This is the big difference and to me it is quite clear which model is a) more transparent b) fair from the consumer point of view.

You are right that this is a repeating subject and I agree that it is futile to complain, because from the publisher/developer side there is no willingness to make any changes or even discuss about the matter. Although I haven't posted about this matter that much before, I also won't try to reason about this anymore neither with devs or with other users. It is a waste of time. But after spending probably nearly 200€ to the game and buying pretty much every release so far near the release since 2014 I'm done with this system and will stop buying new content after my 2500 or so VRPs are spent. You see, I won't even bother with a new account, so no need to belittle me (or other users expressing their criticism, for that matter).

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    This is not about saving a few cents, it's practical criticism.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    OK, if you say so.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    this is not just about the price, it's regular criticism of business policy and how they deal with loyal customers who have bought content over the years !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Case on this one. If you make a new account and buy the premium pack and 2 of the new GT3 cars, you will have at least 2 years of sim racing for under 70 euros using the vrp system.

13. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    or you just wait for another sale ... again!
    that's how i feed my collectomania :p

14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you guys go to McDonalds and tell them you want a cheaper menu since you come there twice a month?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. fredy

fredy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Try to understand little in your small head!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fredy

fredy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you man

17. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Not particularly, but after every 6th tea or coffee the seventh is free :cool:

18. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    That does not stick either.
    What if you find out that other people at McDonalds pay less for the same menu you are having ? Would you be fine with that ? Because that is what's happening here...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I don't know which side of the argument you're on and I don't know where I stand, but there a bunch of special offers for McDonald's sat on my table at the moment, so I don't really get that argument.

• Like Like x 1
  20. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I am tired of this virtue signalling.
    On one hand they defend the right to make prices as seen fit by the company.
    On the other they try to subdue the attemps to criticise this policy.
    Effing double standarts.
    As if it would do them any good in the future to uncritically accept every price that is demanded.
    This is my last post about the 'Defenders'.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.