The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Is this in reference to AC or RaceRoom? Since we are in the AC thread, I cant be certain. :p

In RR, there arent any flags yet, but the devs are working on them, I can assure you of that ;)

In AC, there are blue and yellow flags that appear, but there really isnt any penalty that I am aware of if you dont obey them. So, they are more or less visual indicators only.

You flatter me far too much ;)

haha, Cheers

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Well, I've spent 6 hours of my life in AC. ffs, I've noticed no flags there (and, no pit stop request, no speed limiter, no engine stall). However, I don't really even care (due to lack of anything real in AC). Waiting for flags and VR in r3e. Beyond that. weather - being carried away.

3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    As to where the modders went my guess is that modding fragmented like fuck, it's not only URD that's done complete series though, there's Ferrari's opponents that adds the 2013 season for example.

That said I think you might be better served with AMS if you're looking for a #3. Fits more of your criteria and has given a lot of rF1 mods a second wind.

4. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa * Benetton B194 Michael Schumacher
    #keepfightingmichael

• Like Like x 1
  5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Its official.Stefano Casillo is really trying to make Ian Bell look like an adorable little puppy.
    Telling a professional driver who claims that his tyres modifications have been cross examined by Shane Van Gisbergen, to GTFO?Yeah,great way of handling advices,Stefano...

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Please dont bring that BS here. It wont be of benefit to anyone.

Private conversations with someone arent really up for public debate.

Beyond that, the guy was fabricating numbers and had no idea what he was doing and shouting "It's broken" for the past month. He is no innocent party. Stefano's reactions were clearly uncalled for though.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  7. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    The only thing I'm taking away from that is that the S3 dev team has the patience of saints.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    BREAKING NEWS: KUNOS SIMULAZIONI BOUGHT OUT BY DIGITAL BROS

Early reports suggest Digital Bros Group, an Italian company with offices located around the globe, have purchased Kunos Simulazioni, the development studio responsible for racing simulation Assetto Corsa on both console and PC.
    Very little information is known about what the new takeover by Digital Bros Group means for Assetto Corsa going forward, or even if current founders Marco Massarutto and Stefano Casillio will remain with the group following their financial windfall.

Digital Bros Group already have ties with the studio via their ownership of 505 Games, distributors of the console version of Assetto Corsa. In a statement released by the Digital Bros Group, it appears that full ownership of Kunos Simulations has been agreed, transferring ownership of Assetto Corsa and Kunos away from the current founder members Stefano Casillo and Marco Massarutto. With the news only just becoming public knowledge, further plans around how the new structure will look, who remains involved in the title and what the future will hold are short on the ground.

You can read the statement below (apologies for google translate). Stay tuned for more breaking news as it becomes available.

The statement (using Google Translate):
    "Digital Bros will purchase the100% Kunos Simulations

The Board of Directors of Digital Bros, listed on the Star segment of the Italian Stock Exchange and active in the field of digital entertainment, which met today, approved the signing of an investment agreement concerning the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of the Kunos Italian developr of Simulations , Assetto Corsa S.r.l..In the same session were also beneficiaries of options discovered "2016-2026" stock option plan (the "plan"), recently approved by the shareholders, the quantities of options granted, and the unit price of subscription.

Acquisition of 100% KunosSimulationsS.r.l.
    KunosSimulationsS.r.l.is an Italian company based in Formello (RM) who has many years of experience at the forefront of implementation of the main Italian carmakers simulators. Following this experience he developed and launched during the 2014 Assetto Corsa , a video game which was a great success with critics and audiences in versions 4,Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox One, PCSteam,with more than1.4million copies sold worldwide to date. 505Games, the Division o fDigital Bros group that deals with international publishing of video games, has signed an agreement during the 2015 Edition of the console versions .Assetto Corsa offers to players 150 cars, reproducedin every aspect, from the automotive world leading brands such as Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Porsche and many more. Thanks to the use of Laser Scan technology, every single detail of the most famous tracks in the world has been reproduced with the utmost level of accuracy, making the game a real sporty driving simulation. With this acquisition the Digital Bros Group intends to grow more and more as a Publisher and developer of games can be successful in the world and be always ready to meet the needs of an increasingly demanding public. The acquisition allows fullcontrol of intellectual property and the opportunity for the group to invest on future developments of new versions of Assetto Corsa benefiting from a brand extremely well located in the global market for video games. The fact that the group already holds the rights of publication of Assetto Corsa fort he console version also synergiesin terms of brand positioning and optimization of advertising at a time when the rights are to be held entirely by the group. The operation involves the acquisitionof100% of DigitalBrosS.p.A. companyKunosSimulationsS.r.l., held by two founders Stefano Casillo and Marco Magandein viajointfor a nominal pricetotalling Euro 4,341,500 euro that will be paid as follows:

Euro cash throughout the date of execution1 ,375,000;
    Euro1,375,000 entirely in cashwithin one year from thedate of execution;
    Euro1,591,500 by issuing newordinary shares150,000 Digital Brosat a unit price of 10.61Eurosequal to the arithmetic average ofquotation prices ofDigital Brossharesover the past six months.The issueis subjectto approval by theshareholders ' meetingto be convenedfor nextMarch13.
    In the absence offinancial data of theKunosSimulationsS.r.l.at December 31, 2016, pricing was made assuming net worth at the same date amounted to 10,000Euros ,any variations from this value will increase or decrease of the second instalment of cash payment. KunosSimulationsS.r.l.has accomplished over the year to December 31, 2015, latest financial statements available, revenues of 3.3million and a net profit of 1.7million euros. Shareholders equity at December 31, 2015 was $3.1million. No particular form of financing has been provided for the operation that will be financed through existing credit lines and whose execution date is expected before the end ofApril 30, 2017. The agreement is binding on the parties and subject to condition precedent to effect any significant relief that will emerge from the due diligence process that will be put in place as soon as the financials to December 31, 2016 will be available and positivere solution of the shareholders of Digital Bros. The shares that will be issued in favour of two associates salespeople will be fully available at the time the Board of Directors of Digital Bros has completed the formalities"

Who are Digital Bros?
    "Operating on a global level, Digital Bros Group, strives for a product portfolio to reflect the markets in which it operates and is head-quartered in Milan, with offices in United States, Greater China, United Kingdom, France, Spain and Germany.

On 30th June 2016, the Group registered gross revenues for € 110,2 million and a growth in Net Profit, to 12,5 million from 9.1 million at 30th June 2015.

Founded in 1989 in Milan, Italy by Rami and Raffaele Galante and listed on the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange since 2000, today Digital Bros is a global company combining technological evolutions with consumer habits and tastes.

Creative excellence, innovation, efficiency and coverage of any distribution channel are the key characteristics of Digital Bros’ activity. Today the majority of the revenues are derived from the International Activity 82% and for 49% from the digital business.

Today the Group operates worldwide in the video games world with the brands 505 Games and Halifax."

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation originally released on PC and now available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game comes complete with many cars and tracks, however further vehicles and circuits can be purchased as additional DLC from the respective game stores.
    If you like Assetto Corsa and wish to know more about the sim, keep up to date on the latest news or just hang around with your fellow AC fans then head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. As well as publishing the latest happenings with the sim we hold a substantial modding archive containing some of the biggest and best mods available for AC. We support modding at RaceDepartment, its one of the things that make sim racing so wonderful. To help you create the best mods you can, and share in some of the limelight we have provided our Modding Discussion forum, a location where you can share your work in progress creations or ask questions of fellow knowledgeable individuals. Join in and let us know what you are working on at the moment!

What do you think about this potential takeover by Digital Bros? Is this good news for the game? Would you like to see a new direction from the new owners? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Bombshell. Like I said over at RD, guess they lost the passion. But it's all early news. Now quick S3, scalp their licensebroker! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Somewhat expected.It was clear that the pressure was getting to them(especially Stefano) so its better to cash out and enjoy life than keep working under stressful circumstances.Enjoy your retirement Kunos people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    My go at the matter:

12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and read here, I just found it:

[​IMG]

Again:
    "The only news you should be interested is that by today, we have more resources, time and power to do our job, even better than before."

It seems it is my second scenario imagined then:
    "Second possible scenario, they might see themselves at the limit of what they can do, achieve and reach for with their own ressources as they are now."

One starts to wonder what bombshells of licenses Marco is pulling out of the hat now, with that lots of money ! :D

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  13. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Licenses ? I hope they use the money for more important things... There was already a ton of dlc in 2016...

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yeah if it's not just marketing talk I do hope they polish the game up feature wise. Or better yet get cracking on AC2 since 1 can never do day to night etc.

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    FYI, I was making a joke there. As a German maybe I am better advised to not try joking.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  16. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I have been looking at replays of this game as I'm interested, but one thing is holding me back!
    In the replays the opponent cars appear to pull themselves around the corners and it looks really shoddy to me, I'm all about absorbing all the realism through the replays and this just won't do.
    Opinions?
    Thanks

Edit: I can deal with flickering and cars disappearing but this makes them look FWD and on rails, it kills the look of the fast competitive racing physics for me.

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    What you describe, has already seen improvements over the past 18 months, it was worse in the distant past. It is the AI.

While the AI in AI-player duels performs well and fair (complaints about AI crashing into player cars in 90+ % of cases are due to too aggressive driving by player himself not leaving the AI space and time to react), the AI performs suboptimal if left to itself (AI versus AI).

Most people liking the feeling of driving and the physics, can ignore this. I recommend to do that. They are working on the AI, but due to the fact that every single AI car is calculated by the full physics suite there is (like players car, other sims do that not, but use somewhat simplified physics for AI cars), the problems are inherent in this design decision and are complex and difficult to solve. And this is not just any physics suite. Since the AI can be very fast and then showing perfect "reflexes", AI cars of the same performance find it difficult to gain the plus in speed or acceleration to overtake the car in front. And that is the problem Kunos has not yet solved. They did some things different there - and pay the price now by needing to find new ways for before not seen problems.

Do yourself a favour, do not judge by looks only, but by driving yourself. Testdrive the sim yourself, taste the feeling of driving it, and then decide. Many people are happy hotlappers for sure, and a good ammount of people are MP only anyway.

Its a current inherent weakness you touch upon. But it should not be seen as the decisive one. The driving is just too good. Saying this as someone who did 98% of his 800+ hours in single player mode. So I understand the priority AI has for single players.

If the issue nevertheless is decisive for you, stay with raceroom, its race event presentation and AI is better. I do it myself like this: when i just want to enjoy myself driving and hotlapping clean, I pick AC, when I am in the mood for a full-blown racing event, I prefer Raceroom. Driving is slightly more convincing in AC, racing is much more convincing in Raceroom.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  18. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Wow perhaps a little over the top in places, I was actually hoping to be proved wrong but Jesus Christ that's a bit personal! Lol, politeness is my middle name buddy, it was a bit defensive to reflect from my message, but most was useful thanks.
    If it's just Ai then that's fine, I search for online replays so rightly assumed it was online, and maybe a server bug or something messing up the look of the human driving.
    Hey I'm just on the browse for other great realistic online sim racers and this looks brilliant, I'm just particular with little things like this, for example if I could not make opponent cars the same sound quality as mine then I wouldn't play it, I'm just fussy and want to be sure.
    Everything else looks really good ;)

19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I am mostly SP myself, so for me a good AI is a very high priority, I thus can understand your question and criticism. Still I stick to AC, and I have good reasons for that.

If you have the opoortunity, testdrive in MP with a track in endless Practice-Session, that is they do not have races and Qualifications, it is a virtual trackday. The nordschleife is often available for that. This gives you multiplayers with a less vigorous mindeset that are more relaxed and less fanatic and merciless at start and turn 1 :D. You may find a track buddy who matches your speed, and then you start cruising. And then you see the beauty in it. Start with ordinary street cars, these are what AC is best at, believe me. A BMW M3 or M4 is excellent chpice, or on the shrtv tracked Magione the Abarth 500 (believe it, this little nut has plenty of fun on according tracks). The street Porsches also often are very very good. For a start, avoid the super-sensible primadonna cars: Hypercars, super sports cars.

To see the quality possible in available mod tracks, try Virginia Raceway, or Lucca Ring, Donington, and some others. These are brilliant.

And do not be surprise dif it feels differfent than raceroom. It is not Raceroom. The physics differ in that way that AC in principle offers you less grip and directness in steering, you have to accept to drive and steer more dynamically. By tendency, Raceroom cars hgave a bit nore grip and are more stubborn to keep a stable attitude, when directly comparing to AC.

Use ABS always if available, and use TC as well, but at the lowerr third of available settings. Thats what real world pro drivers do, too. Switch off stability control or keep it at not more than 10%, it is a cheat mode that does not mimic a real world technical system. Most servers enforce it "off" anyway.

P.S.
    You said "multiplayer", and I said "M3, M4", "trackday" and "Nordschleife". Here you have it. Two of my favourite cars in AC. Its a 1-on-1 MP.

LINK - VIDEO

And reposting this for the third time, since it is so beautiful to watch:

LINK - TANDEM BALLET

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  20. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    what is your statement? i do not get the message, only posting immages without any sense.