The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well that's even worse then since they are trying to make money off of what other people created. Someone should get in touch with URD so they can issue some take downs. :p

That's the case with every pay mod. They cant offer real liveries because that would be skirting illegality too much, and auto manufacturers can come after them and sue them.

I dont know of any legitimate mod creators that offer real liveries for paid mods. Only crappy content stealers do that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about that. I got the liveries for the URD 2015 mod from a well known mod creator on Race Department. Since they are pretty picky there, I assume it's OK.

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You are absolutely correct here ;)

My comment meant to say that mod creators selling paid mods will not include official liveries with their paid mod. Generally only crappy mod authors / content-stealers dont care about legality, so they would include real liveries.

However, the legit paid mod creators usually provide templates so other people can make liveries. This gets around the legality issue since they arent directly selling copyrighted work. It's all a bit fuzzy when you really get into the details, but that is the gist of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That doesn't make much sense. You're saying Asetto Corsa is finished but Raceroom isn't. I don't really see any difference in completeness of both games as they've been developed and released a while ago and all that we've been getting since is new content - DLCs in case of AC and, ummm, DLC in case of R3R. Both games have had a fair share of tweaks here and there but overall they've been completed a long time ago.

I've said that before and I stand by my view - Raceroom's pricing policy from the point of view of a customer is mad. I can obviously only speak for myself but I spent £52 to get the premium pack (which was only content available at the time (cunning, eh)) and then £28 more to get content that has been released since. That's £80, which in my case is more than I have ever paid for ANY other game. For comparison I paid £34 for Project Cars 2 and something around £20 for Assetto. Best part is - the money that I've invested only gets me content that is available now and not much from the future content.

This begs the question - is Raceroom really 3-4 times "better" than those games and does it have 3-4 times more content than those two? I'm pretty sure it's not and it doesn't. Additionally, from what I understand, it's running on a rather old engine, which is probably incomparable to something like PC2's tire model and physics simulation (based on what I've read about it).

So in that regard I have to say that Raceroom is a cash cow. It's had its time and the next iteration is long overdue but that won't happen for a long time because people are still happily paying for this version.

I'm not complaining or crying - it was my decision to buy it and I'm having a good time with it but it's far from the fine business model that some people like to paint.

Apologies for deviating from the intial topic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. headder

headder Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Some fun in AC on provisional VLN race from 2014:

6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Never gets old...

7. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Formula 1 2018 * Fiorano Ferrari Teststrecke [beta download]

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
  9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
  10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    In a few days - it seems - they will release a so-called Ultimate Edition that includes everything that was ever released: all 8 DLCs, all 178 cars, all16 tracks in all 33 variations. Everything in one pack.

There is a lot of rumouring and guessing going on regarding a mysterious teasing that most people seem to believe indicates an announcement of something these people hope will be "something great". :) On February 21st, the fog should have gone and we will see for sure what is going on - IF something is going on.

I keep my foot on the brake and do not expect anything that would raise my real interest. Formula-E? Not my tea. Online league racing of any kind? Not my coffee. New graphics engine? Extremely unlikely, I would say. First announcement of an AC-2? Who knows, so far we do not have any confirmation at all that there will be an AC-2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That's for consoles only. And it's releasing April 20th.

Cue 4/20 jokes

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Thats my bday....which kinda explains a few things :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Nate knows more than me there. But the date I pointed at is February 21st.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I think it will probably be AC2. What else could be this big after they announced back in december there will be no further development on AC1? (And this 'Ultimate Edition' release suggests the same thing)

They even have a countdown on the official site:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/en/

15. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    You're all wrong
    They are announcing that I can finally use all the buttons on my T500rs.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    They’re implementing loot boxes on AC.hahhahaah

I really hope it’s AC2. Kunos has always delivered. Getting super excited.

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Stefano also has mentioned he would love to make a sailing sim one day. Pool also was mentioned somewhere, once. Just saying - before expectations for an AC2 announcement grow as high as into orbit. ;)

18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Yeah and he also likes to play guitar so maybe they will release a Guitar Hero-type game, but with Italian greatest hits.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Always good to temper ones expectations but I seriously doubt Digital Bros bought Kunos for their shared love of pool.

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, agreed. I indeed hope that it will be a dedicated Snooker title instead. :p