The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Puuu hm, that's really strange. Somewhere in the settings of the Content Manager I read thaht for Trackday the practice mode is being used. By default this option is turned on. I have no clue why Trackday is not working with my valve Index. Practice is working, weekend is working, race is working. So far only triedthe Nordschleife which is an official Kunos track. Currently I am using the latest Shader Patch and SOL 1.4 beta. Are there any settings hidden settings in Content Manager, Shader Patch, that might have an effect on it?

Since I got the valve Index i haven't used that 2d canvas anymore :) it was really smart to buy a 32:9 inch Monitor back then lol even though the image is still not really sharp vr is vr, full immersion

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Looks quite impressive

• Like Like x 2
  3. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Another cruising experience, best enjoyed online in a pack:
    Shutoko Revival Project ( https://www.facebook.com/ShutokoRevivalProject )
    Many kilometers of winding high speed highways, tunnels and ramps in Tokyo. Comes with nice set of nutty overtuned Japanese models ( GTR, Silvia etc.) Requires SOL etc. Very fun at night. So far the other drivers have been gentlemanly, waiting if you crash. If you lose the group, it's a long lonely drive ( at 275 kph). I need a map, no idea where I am going......

4. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    dri
    driving these roads regularly in Kanagawa-ku in real life with my Benz A250, very good fun at night indeed.Should add the mod at some point to my AC content:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm surprised no one has post about the free Xbow GT4 from KTM available over at race department.

6. ozcanuck55

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    It's pretty nice....good cockpit visuals with Motec, quick and fun to drive. Great freebie!!
    Need to compare to RRE version......

7. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I´m looking for a second car game/simulation beside R3E. Is AC a good choice? I don´t want to mess around too much with extra downloads and mods - how is it in that regard? And also what about online play/leagues?

8. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I would go with PC2 instead

I love my AC but because of being heavily modded with cars tracks and of course SOL CSP for night and rain immersion

9. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'm also tempted after seing (and hearing) this ...

10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    My biggest issue with AC always has been the lack of steering ratio/steering lock setting. I've always preferred smaller steering movements/slightly oversteery cars, but in AC every car feels more like a street car with a tendency to understeer. This is why I never got rid of that slight uncomfortable feeling while driving in it.

A commonly suggested solution for that is a mismatching steering setup (for example, setting a lower steering angle in your wheel's driver than in-game, this way the car actually turns a bit more with the same input), but I lost FFB details on my T300, so I gave up.

11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If you do not want to mess with downloads and mods anyway, then consider ACC. Its scope is limited (GT4, GT3, now 15 and soon 18 tracks), but what it does - it does better than anyone else. Better GT4 and GT3 you will not find: sounds, looks, pohysics, driving, immersion, ACC nails it all. The AI is too pacifistic and boring and perfect, however. Reliably avoding to dump you, however, so it is no "bad" AI. It rolls, and makes no messes, thats all it does.

AC's strength is its overall goodness, and especially the vast ammount of avilablew mods (cars, tracks, other stuff). Some of thes emods are easily as good as and sometime sbetter than the Kunos default stuff. Again, lame AI - rleiable, avoids crashing into you, yes - but it does not "set up a show".

^ Racerooms rules, when it comes to AIs: genre benchmark.

For something different consider Dirty Rally 2 in a sale. Immense ammount of good content for smile price. Also Wreckfest: different, but hilarious ammount of fun.

With PC2 you risk issues if you have Fanatec gear. I refunded the game, since despite all tips and what they write, I could not get it recognising my Fanatec hardware correctly. The first one already was problematic with hardware setup, too (and was not too god anyway, I later blught it for 7 Euros or so in a sale). .

I hear good things about Automobilista 1 + 2, but do not know them myself, (only the predecessor, which was okay in its time).

I do not know contemporary rF2, but four different builts over two years from that time after they released theirt first free demo built. Back then I did not like it and was not impressed at all. Maybe they imrpioved, maybe not - don't know, don't care.

iR only if online league racing is your thing.

I like your way of "I want a seocnd car game". In mains imualtors I too stick with jujst two titles, AC (though both of them), and RR. Thats why I do not know Automobilista, I made a decision to not want a third big serious simulator. The day has just 24 hours.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Which is not really surprising, since most cars in AC are street cars indeed.

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ferrari seems to do something similiar with the 488 and an esports event series. Details at RD.

14. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Skybird for your extensive answer, I tend towards Dirt Rally 2 since I saw it has a Citroen DS!:cool: But anyway not until the next sale so there is time.

15. ozcanuck55

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I have Dirt Rally 1 and its a lot of fun and different from track racing, so its a good choice if you can get DR2 at a decent price.

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The charm of Dirt Rally 2 is that it works good in VR, smooth I mean, whereas in Dirt Rally 1 VR worked good originally, but with the last patch they ever released for it they blew it and introduced microstutterings that many VR players, and and so I, were never able to get rid off again.

In best Codemaster tradition, their mastery of the complex and complicated mouse technology to navigate menues, has once again not improved. In VR it can reach frustration levels that I considered to be impossible. In these regards, Codemaster does not dissapoint since decades now, accoridng to their unwritten motto: a PC is just an inferior form of console.

Navigating the menues and setups in VR, nobody does better than Raceroom (in the racing genre).

17. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone play AC with a G29 and have settings that they're happy with, especially regards to feeling when the rear-end is coming loose?

I've tried every setting combination out there and while I can get rid of the FFB deadzone in the middle, I still can't get any rear-end oversteer feeling out of any of the cars. This makes the GT3 cars especially infuriating since you go into corners feeling like you're riding a shopping cart and then the car randomly decides if you were too fast and auto-bins.

Given that RaceRoom and AMS work so well out of the box, it's frustrating that AC is hyped so much when it just feels so bad on a G29. I like all the mods that are out there and want to give it another chance, but it's no fun to drive and am very close to just uninstalling it.

18. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Anyone tried the new Ferrari 488 Evo from the Ferrari-Hublot Esports challenge?

Every time I think I can put AC to bed in favour of RRE and/or ACC, something else comes along that makes it seem quite relevant again, and this one's a belter.

It's a freebie, but you have to register for it here.. You can use any old email address, but you have to confirm it's existence in the first email, and then grab a Steam product code from the second. (FYI - Mine went in the spam folder first..)
    https://esports-registration.ferrari.com/

Once up and running, I strongly reccomend swapping the sound out for this.. It's better in every way from the default.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-488-challenge-evo-sounds.35504/

I've been enjoying it a lot this afternoon, and just wish AC had better AI. - That's still a little painful to go back to after the high bar set here.

Preview vid:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've tried to like AC many times but it's never clicked for me. Sol etc makes it look really good even on my aging system but I've done mods etc to death 10 years ago, now I just want to start something and it work so 90% of my sim time is raceroom. ACC doesn't do it for me at all, it feels weird and I can't crank up the eye candy either (not that I think it looks realistic anyway, it's almost too overdone). AMS2 likewise does nothing for me.

20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    For me it is still Pcars2 and RRE as runner up. Although the AI in RRE is miles ahead compared to Pcars. I really like the DTM in RRE.