The F1 2016 thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Alexander Dornieden, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Just bought the new formula one game and its not that bad. Did a few hotlaps at Spielberg with the W07 Hybrid by Mercedes AMG and i could set the fastest time in the global leaderboard!
    Setup was pretty much default.

Hope you enjoy :)

Anyone also tested the game already? What do you guys think about this game?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I like it, was pleasantly surprised, think it is a keeper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, its actually quite good.

2 Races i did yesterday in changing conditions:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh it isn't to bad at all.
    Is there a list of voice commands Georg?

5. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    When you press the Radio button, you see a list of things you can ask your engineer about.
    I haven't come across a full list of commands on the web yet.

6. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Ok cheers..

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    by the way: the EDTracker works flawlessly with F1 2016. Opentrack is not needed, works with the Ed Tracker software alone.

Having much fun in this game, although the AI is sometimes too easy to overtake. Maybe I should bump the difficulty one step higher. at the moment I am at hard but after 2 races it's not much of a challenge anymore.

Can you save replays in f1 2016? This just came into my mind.

8. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I have tried it and unfortunately I had to issue refund. I was very pleased about FOV adjustments and other view settings, but I couldn't figure out how to display gear/speed info in the cockpit view. Due to my setup, I don't see ingame steering wheel (and MFD) so I need something like in other views in the right bottom corner.

The next problem was FFB. I couldn't get rid of the dead center (similar to R3E feeling before FFB revamp).

And the last issue I couldn't get over, was blurred graphics and absolutely horrible antialiasing and kinda low res textures.

Maybe the problems I mentioned are easily solvable, but because of limited time I had available (2hr to keep chance for refund), I didn't manage to figure it out.

Shame, otherwise the title looks fun and promising.

9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I would be interested, but then the day has only 24 hours, and two racing sims in use already consume plenty of time, I could not squeeze in a third and fourth one , not if I want to use stuff frequently. So I pass, and did pass on Automobilista as well. But the Codie title looks nice enough.

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Is there a setting to change the intensity of spray? Visibility during rain, 10 metres behind the opponent is quite marvelous (not to mention the complete lack of spray in the mirrors).

11. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh was wondering this as well, the spray when following other cars is weak.

12. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it is an fps eater so they toned it down?

13. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Seems since DIRT Rally, Codies want to hop on the "Get Real Train" as well, do they ?
    Well, it's about time, in terms of atmosphere/enviroments (with a certain lack of physics aspects) their titles were always quiet good...

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Looks very interesting, curious about this. This might be early to ask, but if someone has impressions to share, would be interested to hear about:
    * How are flag rules? (EDIT: just checked Georg's video, looks that they're in place and working, good!)
    * Safety car?
    * Damage model?
    * How is AI?
    * How well is tire wear simulated, does it reflect driving?
    * Any sort of flat spot simulation, vibration after blocked wheels?
    * VR support?
    Cheers! :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  15. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    From my short time on it so far i have noticed marshalls waving flags and the vsc lights flashing on the tracksides, have had the safety car come out a few times, havent been sure why, i guess something happened behind me. I have lost elements off my front wing and wheels so far but have not had any huge shunts to test out any further damage, can't really complain about the AI except that they dont seem to defend aggresively, tyres lose grip and slow you but i have only done 25% races so far, no flat spots or vibrations that i have noticed. I did see a mclaren on fire entering the bus stop just in front of me at spa though, that was pretty cool to see.

• Like Like x 2
  16. VladGets

VladGets New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow
    its cool

17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Picked this up a couple of days ago and I'm pleasantly surprised. The last F1 game I bought was 2012 which was good but with very forgiving physics. This feels more challenging but still approachable.

18. VladGets

VladGets New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How much does it cost in 2012?