The future of Raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playlessNamer, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Funny. I just typed the following to express how fantastic the RR AI is in my opinion and what the deficit with the AC1 AI was. I love it, and I do not want them to pacify it even further.
    Sorry, but I must strictly oppose your opinion. Raceroom's AI rocks like no other. My reference for AI benchmarking
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ow-passive-on-starting-lap.51400/#post-992322

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom Ai is way better than PC2 and AC and ACC.After playing most these games career modes fully finshed them all Raceroom is great Ai i have great battle when practicing for League race's 105/110 seems good for me.
    This game is a hidden Gem after playing ipayed for so long and a slew of other's Raceroom feels like home for me

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    sincerely yep ; ive given over 3000 hours to this project because i believe in it , if you think beta testers have an easy deal then ; you know what to do
    and what do i get in return , access to all the cars and tracks ,
    wow so for evry euro, dollar, pound sterling you pay , i get an access to the same thing at even at the minimum wage to a 100th of that cost normal ... pull it back in or grow a pair and help the project by being a tester

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    After 3,000 hours of testing, it never occurred to you to incorporate a slider to regulate the AI aggression as in the vast majority of driving games?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I give up, you win. Guess you have never complained or critized any product or service in your life so I salute you.

And you're right, I'm not a beta tester and haven't the investment you have in Raceroom, therefore I haven't the right to say what I think so I'll shut up. If being a beta tester requires you to agree or like every decision behind the project (apparently it does) then no can do, sorry.

And good job on missing the point on what I was trying to say with that post.

Have a nice day and let's keep enjoying Raceroom.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  6. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    its not that im saying ; what im trying to say , its a choice , if we choose to be a tester or a customer, we both pay... we both bitch as well; but if it doesn't go our way , or we cant afford the next bit we are not going to die ; yep ; it sucks but we can move forward
    this game has moved massively almost radically from conception to what we have today and that we all need to thank everyone who has given there opinion /energy or money ... and the guys in s3e who have fought there corner

Andi

• Like Like x 2
  7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    we can have a difference of opinion between delivery and sentiment

Andi

8. David Peres

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I fully agree with you that Raceroom has improved radically from what it used to be, and obviously I'm thankfull for everyone involved, including all the beta-testers like you.

But, if you allow me, I still think the business model is holding back this game. The simracing market has grown and I believe there's more life (and money) in Raceroom than what we're seeing today. This game has barelly grown in player base since it started... for how long will this be sustainable?

There are issues with the business model that go beyond the price, so it's not about what I can or cannot afford. I've spent WAY more money on Rocksmith than I've spent on Raceroom, yet I have no problem with the business model of Rocksmith.

Besides, I understand you have an emotional attachment to this game after all the time you've spent on it, but realise that I'm a consumer, and we consumers are not required to have the same emotional investment that you have in order to be able to speak our minds. Our points of view, me a consumer and you a close collaborator, will never be the same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    thing is , if we look at the business model seriously as the structure is ..
    and do a little google time
    then we realise this is the last place to discuss the business model
    because yep the devs read this , but very few of the ppl who run the business model if any ever venture here

Andi

10. David Peres

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Yep. A few times I tought about opening a threat for a "serious" talk about the business model, a place for a bit of brainstorming where people could analise what they think it's wrong with the structure of the model and how to correct it or improve it without simply asking to make it cheaper... but, like you've said, no one that matters will read it, so there's no point.

And realistically, a topic like that would quickly devolve into a colossal mess full of burguer/cofee analogies and very little in the way of actuall constructive feedback. Glad I've never got to start that topic becouse it scares me just thinking about what would happen :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    In the place I live, such business model appears in many services. Like the Internet supplier. Or a mobile network operator. The newcomers always get better deals than people who have been already paying for the service for a long time. And huh, it works well. At least for the companies. As its more difficult to get a new customer than to make an existing one to stay

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  12. tonybarracuda1

tonybarracuda1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello. Raceroom is really great game and i like you included Macau track there. Unfortunatelly, in China online servers work very bad. And i afraid to lose money and great simulator after a year or two of playing, because its needed to be connected to the server.

My question, in case if you will start new project, or close this one, will it be possible then to go offline racing, or not ?
    Thank you, hoping for reply

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Currently not possible to play offline. There is apsolutelly nothing to worry about because We people will die before Raceroom.
    So, enjoy while you can.

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    An understandable fear, which is often voiced, but in the past cuple fo years many people have predicted the imminent death of RR, but it still is there, and has consolidated its stand after a rough start.

I help myself by putting things into relation. When I buy a movie ticket, I spend kets say 2 hours or 2 and a half, and pay 9-12 Euros for that. I do some math and compare the amount of money I spend on Raceroom with the amount of hours of entertainment I got from it. Currently I have gotten around a hundred visits to the movies for the price of just one movie ticket. :)

Do not buy all and everything, especially skins - choose instead. Playtest for free the cars i t he shop. Or go woth the once-per-account's-lifetime prime offer that gives you all content there is currently avaialble for 80 or 100 Euros (in Europe): all carsm, all skins, all tracks. Do not buy skins and cars individually. Wait for packs and sales, or said premium offer. You can sink a lot of money into RR, and my complaint to them is that they make it easy for the newcomers to do so. But you must not do so, you can save money. They just make it a little bit more complicated than others to do so. - You need just one car of any class to participate in races of that class that has all other cars on track, driven by the AI. You need just one skin to run that car, and one skin always is included if you buy cars individually. You do not need all other cars, you do not need all skins.

If you think RR is bad, compare to iR.

Lets keep things in relation. We are not talking about costs equal to that of buying a house. If somebody is of a younger audience and has limited pocket money options only, I indeed recommend to go with another title. A sale on AC1 or Early Access for ACC. Yes, there are cheaper options than Raceroom. Question is if the pricing policy of RR really is such a big showstopper like some people make it appear as. I think much in that debate is hot air. Stuff is worth to you what you are willing to pay for it. And that is an individual question.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  15. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I love RRE most complete sim today on the market. I have all cars and tracks from the beginning
    Wait for a carfilter... to long. Some of the gt3 cars are a little bit old. Best ai together with rfactor 2. RRE have the best Nordschleiffe today in simracing that is enough for me to drive vln gt3 cars.
    Love both sims Rfactor 2 and RRE both in their own way......... but I think RRE must come with more.! Formula 2 license.... adac gt masters 2018 with all cars!! License of a whole formula 3 season and tracks... Super GT season? there is to much from the same now that is my opinium.

On the moment my thought go to Rfactor 2 love the new Mc Laren F1 cars.... like the March 761 Nordschleife comes to Rfactor. They come with road maps and that is nice. Marcel Offermans have a lot of passion to do the job. The gt3 pack is also very good... not so extensive like RRE but there is progresion all and all... The physics Rfactor 2 are the best on the market. Reiza comes with a good package... and let do ACC the job. We are spoiled today in Simracing. The strongest remain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Jedem Tierchen sein Pläsierchen, but the last I want to see is the x-th incarnation of a series that already is there. Polish the existing content (physics in cars, features long since announced) - that is my priority with RR. Honestly said, in ever more cars I have no more interest. In the end I find myself always coming back to the same 4 or 5 car classes and the same 6-8 tracks that I use, although I own all the rest as well.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Within the very best part for me is the tracklist. Norisring, Lausitzring, Suzuka (not Sugoki), Hungaro and some others. ACC has finally Hungaro at least. All the other games are full of spamtracks. The tracklist in PC2 is 80% spam for me, sure some of them are fun but i like known Grad Prix tracks from F1 and DTM more.
    I like the graphic also, its very proper and clear. No lighteffects on the windows and many more stuff. Its just pure and good. Not to mention the best ffb settings out there. Easy to understand and use, compare it to Project Cars, i think even the devs dont understand what they have done there.

Big bad point is the playercounts. I checked SRS the last weeks but the races stuck between 1 and 3 players, it needs 6 to be counted as a race. In gamebrowser you will find sometimes 2-6 player lobby beside the free ones, thats all.
    This in comparsion with the price (its more expensive than the other games) makes my mates dont wanna buy it and this will pull me away too pretty fast.

Serious question and a very very big issue of Raceroom:
    Why is Raceroom never on the Steamshoplist with a sale offer? Click´it, buy´it, play´it! This Steamsales on toppage of Steamshop pushes so many games, even dead ones get temporarely big playercounts back and some of them stay. Did i missed it or was it really never in Steamsale?

18. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Price is always a topic and stands in comparsion to the alternatives.
    I tell my mate:" Buy Raceroom, its a awesome game. Sadly the graphics are lower than the other ones, and nearly no one play it online, it makes headaches on VR, you need to stand up between races when your rig is not next to your keyboard/mouse, it has no features like tires/weather/daytime, is road racing only and sadly it cost about double than the rest.

I share your opinion on prices, when the game is good then i just pay it but when i say this out loud what i have written above this it feels very wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. David Peres

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom will never be in a Steam sale becouse it's a free download on Steam and the content is sold inside Raceroom's own store.

There are occasional sales in the Raceroom store, but only those who already play the game ever see them, so the big playercount increase that often happens with steam sales simply cannot happen here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    dont ask, https://steamdb.info/ check for yourself