The future of Raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playlessNamer, Sep 13, 2018.

1. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    My opinion about sector 3 is... today it mis some creatifity
    Some tips for sector 3 :)

- why not, more of the dtm classic Cars? Whe missing the alfa romeo... toyota.. ford sierra. The Dtm cars are one of my Favorite together with the gt3. But the classic dtm is a lot of fun.
    - track pack from that dtm 80,s/90,s area...? Including the nordschleife from that area?

- a autumn nordschleife today 2018
    - car filter
    - license real teams from... super gt... adac 2018... formula 3 2018.... gt4 vln

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Because they all cost lots and lots of money. You can't just make a car without paying the series owner or the manufacturer for the right to use it. If it was free then you see a lot more content across all sims.

3. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "AlexBlob, message: 159625, member: 13425"] Because they all cost a lot of money. You can not just make a car without paying the owner of the series or the manufacturer for the right to use it. If it was free, you will see a lot more content for all sims. [/ QUOTE]

Yepp I pay a lot in many years for what I now have for sector 3 ... this treat is about the future about Sector 3 right? Sector 3 is by far the most expensive together with iracing right ?. Where does all the money go? They never support me in free cars and tracks ... like AC and Rfactor2 do. Can I ask something? my support from the beginning. Simple things like car filter .... Autumn Nordschleife .. or missing tracks that should be possible right? I only give my opinion for the future. why would Studio 397 be able to do it as a very small studio? I like the game that is not the problem. But the future you must always work to guard the future. to invest. Not a hard log at all;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  4. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    AC and iRacing have a lot bigger fan bases, more sales = more money for licences, they also do official Ferrari simulators so they are getting money from that or free licenses. The same thing with rF2, there hosting the McLaren shadow event, I would think that McLaren would offer them free licenses as well for making the cars into the game.

You also need to realise that Sector3 is only one part of the RaceRoom operation. Money from sales of R3E content also needs to go to pay for stuff like the R3E cafe and other services that Race Room Entertainment provide.

5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Or money from the Raceroom cafe and advertising for KW suspensions may pay for stuff done in Raceroom The Game. ;)

I mean we do not know their business numbers, we do not know in what direction the crossfinancing works. Considering how Sector3 formed up and picked up what was left by the game after SimBin's collapse, I cannot imagine they swim in money. But maybe that is just my lack of imagination. I certainly do not know the truth.

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    ACC has been 2 years in development, was released in a fanfare of Fanboy ass licking and you get 1 car, 1 track, a few features that won't bloody save, tunnel vision FOV that also won't save and it crashes all the time. Oh and for last 4 days refuses to start at all. Opinions are subjective, have a feeling mine would be most unwelcome over on the AC forum. Bits of it show promise, ABS (although I don't like it) is very clever but not sure about aspects of TC, FFB is not great but there is no way to tweak, so something for the future, as ACC itself is (hopefully). The sound doesn't bring me to orgasm and the visuals are meh, road surface is all over the place.
    So, some of it I like, some of it I don't and how many people have been working on this for 2 years? Early access, without the access for all. Finding the "drive x amounts of laps cleanly" approach a bit gamey, get the idea but don't see why this info is just not accumulated internally but hey ho, everyone to their own, which is kinda my point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    He who can read, has a huge advantage. They clearly said, loud and clear, what you would get with Early Access release 1 in mid-Septembre. Fool you are if you do not like it this way - but nevertheless bought it. To complain afterwards that you get right that and not more in Early access release 1, is pointless. And to imply that Early Access is to be judged like a full release, is no compliment for you as well. You do not get in the end just "one car, one track, a few features", but you get all cars, all tracks, all features. For half of the price - you save money. You get it all In the final release of the then-finished product at the end of Q1 2019, or early Q2, if they run into problems.

If YOU, by your own free decision, buy a product that is not finished and still is in development AND TELLS YOU SO IN ADVANCE, and so you know iall this, and you find that it is not complete and still in development: and by thatit is right what it said it would be at this point of time, then my advise to you is: go home, go to bed and start crying for the rest of the day.

And yes, early access means indeed nothing else than "no access to all already". Surprise, surprise.

P.S. People not liking what Early Access is, simply should not buy it right now. You can wait until Spring. You then will pay twice the money on release day, and get it all, and until then you will have no early access to a slwoly increaisng colleciton of tracks and cars and features at all. You just sit and wait and pay more money for that. If that is what pleases you, do it.

Myself, I have put ACC EA1 on the shelf now and wait until mid Octobre to test the new car, track and features we get then. The money I have saved over the end price, I nevertheless can keep. Life is so simple.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Dude, seriously, i know i can be a proper ballache sometimes but you gotta help me out here ;)
    You replied to the the quote below..........
    .................with this, lol, i know what happened i think............
    ..........got to admit funny as fck and so far off the beaten track (Brands Gp anyone ;) )

Yeah and wtf, its a half price early access game, 5-6 years on, still paying and there isnt one part of RR you could call complete, had to get that in, dosnt mean a lot but you know, got to moan for the sake of moaning ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    As I said fanboys! :rolleyes:

11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Fanboys that can read. Real cool dudes these guys are, I tell you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Humble as hell about it, too. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You should see us partying! :D Books everywhere!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I don't see any reason (ok Callaway maybe) why to play GT 3 races in raceroom if acc keeps what's promising.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ Öööhhh - tracks? Nordschleife?

The tracklist is the big weakness of ACC for me: three of four much wanted tracks (Spa, Hungaroring, Zolder, Silverstone), two tracks I absolutely dislike (Paul Ricard, Monza), the rest of the few tracks are so-la-la, many wanted tracks that are not there.

The need to make DLC packs later on.

16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    That's right, of course.

17. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    No nordschliefe in blancpain. So not in acc.

And not DLC. It will have Just 2018 and 2019 blancpain series, so ~ten cars ~ten tracks, end of the game.

And no mods.

Don't seem so. :p

18. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Watch this interview starting at 10:10. It's sounds like they are at least planning future DLCs if things go well.

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    But keep in mind that it is called „the official Blancpain GT Series game“.
    So most probably I would expect anything that is promoted by SRO.
    Well and „things go well“ can also mean that SRO is happy with the game and give kunos the licenses for upcoming years which lead into DLC for ACC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hold your horses, else this gets a formidable jump start like GTR3.

As I already said in the ACC-GTR3 thread (and warned against taking premature conclusions from Marco'S words), they will consider the option of DLCs. He did not say it is decided, and so it is not valid to say "they plan to do this or that". Marco said after the release of the full version of ACC they will investigate this option. That m eans it is absolutely possible they go a very different way instead. Indepedenant packages, a new title - anything maybe possible, no matter whether it appears to be likely currently. Right now they have their hands full with just ACC, becasue their license deal binds them to certain timetable they shall not violate, they do not plan anything beyond that 1.0 release currently.

They certainly are aware that the Nordschleife is in igh demand, marco is a big fan o f that trakc himself, he says. Stefano doing the AI, hates it, however. :D In AC they did not decide for a Schleife DLC before a poll told them so, I think they understood that such a poll always will have the Schleife on top and so they will not ask before. IF they ever go with track/series modules as DLCs, the Nordschleife I would expect to be included at some time.

But that is uncertain currently, and just rumour, hoping, wishing, and hear-say. They said nothing confirming there will be DLCs for sure. Currently it all is about 1.0, and then full stop for the time being.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018