The future of Raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playlessNamer, Sep 13, 2018.

1. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Just now started racing with RaceRoom and so far i am enjoying it a lot.

Such a relief to find a sim racer with a fantastic selection of car classes from years gone by to today. The touring car classes are absolutley amazing.......

Here is hoping to more great stuff coming to the game.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Adding Lexus, 488, new Bentley and Huracan will become mandatory, if R3E want to survive ACC, as for GT3 cars....IMHO ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tw1st

tw1st Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Lets hope for it! I know R3E isn‘t all about GT3 cars but they are the main factor for many players including me.:)

4. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I am very curious to know what will be done to RACEROOM once the ACC full game is released?

Any hints or direction from Sector 3 would be nice IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    There's plenty of other things in R3E, apart GT3 ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes and we are looking forward to the updated Group 5 physics

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    And Liveries, and AI Selector, and and and...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BreadedVirus

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Haven’t even gone near a GT3 car yet. Too busy with the 2017 WTCC cars, 2018 WTCR cars and 2016 DTM cars...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to the GT2 cars myself, just love that Beemer Screamer and would be great to complete a lap of the Nords, without being catapulted off track due to the limited physics and total lack of grip, compared to the GT3's. Cayman liveries don't bother me as I only drive the bloody thing if I have to, strange animal, looks like it will be fun but find it anything but. Group 5, goes without saying, be nice if they found another old beast lying around in a folder somewhere, preferably with a turbo or two! AI selector is wanted desperately by the Jonny no mates crew but not a deal breaker for moi.
    Think it's about time the dedi servers got an overhaul, with an increase in functionality, laps instead of time, some admin powers of authority. General beefing up of the options available, bit limited to say the least.
    Over all the above though, have we not got to hear a bit of news on DX11/12 plans (or lack there of) and as for the ranking system, pie in the sky springs to mind. :rolleyes: Tres Porsche's conspicuous by their absence, swear I've harped on about all this on several occasions already, must be getting bored, peasants are getting restless, pitchforks will be out soon enough.
    Last I heard an update was hoped for next week, trouble is, that could be anything from a revamp of the older classes to a change of font on the NSU speedo, who knows, actually, who does know, anyone? o_O

10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You seem to be new by your registration date, so you cannot know. A migration to a new graphics engine is on the way, it likely will be the U4E engine once that got fully developed for GTR3, and then will be injected into RR as well - bringing different graphics, night-and-day and maybe even weather (I hope the latter at least, but the standard for wet racing has been set incredibly high by ACC). Also, more car classes will be pushed to the latest physics standard. Currently, the car pool uses three different physics standards. When it is all done, it should be just one for all.

That are two major changes, one of which already is happening while we type.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    In the good way ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ACC players have some worries about the performance. Especially with VR. U4E is demanding. We see VR in ACC in one week. All I can say on my rig ACC 0.1.x struggles and gave me ctds probabbly from performance issues. Its seriously more demanding than AC1. Optimization is not finsihed, of course.

U4E probably opens new doors in the management of tech ressources in Raceroom. That it improves performance as measure din frames, remaisn tio be seen. I would already be happy if it stays in frames like it is. But I do niot take it as granted. On single monitor: no problem. In VR: well... We need to wait and see.

13. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Sell an Organ and upgrade your hardware, only sensible path! o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Another problem is there is no roadmap. We never know on what the devs are working on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    What about the future of the HelpDesk? It looks like nobody works there anymore.

16. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Directx 11-12 - Will be sufficient ...
    + Hillclimb-Rally8m ...

17. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Shall clarify my statement on performance. A UE4 based title would likely be more demanding because overall quality is raised.
    But say upgrading the tech "as is" via dx11 or dx12 for sure would make things faster if done well.
    That doesn't exclude AC being faster on some systems than ACC, but it's also not a fair comparison anymore with one offering more than the other. Also I would not rate early access performance as representative.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    They indicated investigating UE4... has it now been confirmed ?

19. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Read the small print!
    There is a reason it's so small, companies will always cover their own asses in the small print.
    Think you'll find RR will make it offline if the need was ever there.

20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    This is something I'd like to adress. I've been playing some DCS World lately and something the teams developing planes are doing well are monthly videos, short bits about this or that that is being worked on. (example : )

(or even more simple bits like: )

I have purchased a webcam for home and planning to make some dev updates every now and then, each focusing on something specific. For example, unveiling a certain car that @Anthony Monteil is currently having a lot of pleasure making sounds for. Discussing physics updates with @Alex Hodgkinson . Previewing a track with @Alex Hummler or @Wojtek Kedzierski , maybe even touching on modelling with @Nemanja and textures with @Erik van Leeuwen, a physics feature with @Robert Holm or something cool that @w0lfix is working on these days. The problem we have is that most of us don't enjoy the spotlight too much and will be shy :)

And as much as I'd like to make those casual and impromptu, they still require time to prepare small clips, screenshots and so on.

But it's on my radar at least. We'll do something.

• Like Like x 19
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1