Problem The game does not work with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jerry090460, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Adding mine from recent experience.
    I went back to win7 a couple of days ago just to compare after a few weeks of win10, today i went back to win10 purely for gaming performance.
    Playing this game the difference is crazy, at Spa online this afternoon i was dropping down to 40-45fps at certain parts of the track, 1080p maxed everything, really jerky with it, not smooth stutters but big like someone joined the server stutters, so back to win10, at Spa ignoring a small drop to 50-55 at the start it is smooth as silk constant 60 its like a 25-35% increase almost seemless whereas win7 felt rough in places.
    Just throwing it into the mix.

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    W10 is very good and ''Maintenance free''

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jerry090460

Jerry090460 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys can someone help me ? my game goes to crash and do not understand why , ( I attach files of the crash ) I thank you in advance

Attached Files:

4. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi All
    Tonight my pc did a windows 10 update, it seems to be a big one. After the update ran I lost all my settings, drivers and many more. The game was perfect before. The update ran smoothly. But when it power on, nothing is recognized. I had to reinstall my pit crew and CSW for it to work again. But still something doesn't feel wright

Please turn off your automatic updates if you want your game to run properly. Please believe me. Even R3E is juddering alot. And when I down shift the picture judders also. I will try revert back to my old settings tomorrow

Ant

5. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Just reverted to the previous windows 10 build, everything seems to be working again smoothly. Please my advice to all windows 10 users is don't do the anniversary build update. It has issues

Ant

6. MacaRonny

MacaRonny New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep, seems that more people, including me, having problems after Windows 10 Anniversary update..

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Apart from having to re-install my headset drivers I'm not having any real technical issues with the update. I'm more concerned about the impudence of MS to remove quite some functionality from the Pro version of Win 10 with this update.

I mean MS was never a company to be trusted in my opinion, but the plain removal of functionality is something I didn't think they would do. :mad:

Maybe it's not the most important functionality to most people but what is this damn lockscreen for in a desktop-operating-system in the first place? And now they reserved the possibility to remove it to Enterprise and Education versions. WTF? And this is only the one that's "in your face" the most. Another one is the removal of the possibility to lock out the app store by group policies. This is a complete no-go for small companies, that mostly use the Pro version, because now every user can bypass the policies and install stuff from the app store.

MS is really about to test the limits of what people will tolerate. A company that is constantly trying to work against their customers is a weird thing in my opinion.

While the annoyance is still only quite small to me, this kind of behaviour by itself makes me angry. I'm actually thinking about going back to 7 again.

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I never understand why people thought Win 10 was going to be a good idea, especially coming from MS..They do not give a shite about their customers, it's their way or the highway, the only reason some gamers moved to 10 was the hype over dx12..(suckers) MS want to have total control over you and what you do, maybe one day someone will sue their arse for invasion of privacy and freedom of everything..

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I didn't think this was possible in Win 10?? you sure can't in the Home version, the update just buggered up my daughters laptop.

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Its the difference from going Winxp to Win7, Vista & 8 were the pointless one from my own experience, 10 just runs better for me especially RR between 15 & 25% faster, when i changed all of my hardware was 5yrs+ old but performed much better in 10 than 7 absolutely nothing to do with Dx12.

Moving on, simple batch file to enable\disable win10 update
    Create new text document paste the following and save as stop.bat,
    sc stop wuauserv
    sc config wuauserv start=disabled

To renable them new text document save as start.bat
    sc config wuauserv start= auto
    sc start wuauserv

right click and run as administrator

You can add any service short name you want to enable or disable all or none of your services, run sc query from a command prompt to get names of all services on your computer
    Attached 3 service update stop and start.

Have fun

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    After A LOT of hesitation and doubt, I replaced Win7Pro for Win10Pro.
    I had to go through a lot of issues and needed to re-install or change about everything installed (software and hardware). Then it took some time to get used to the interface, but after some three months of use, I am happy I took the plunge. Sims seem to run better too.
    I am just a bit reluctant to install the Anniversary Edition, since a lot of people have encountered all sorts of problems doing so. On the other hand: several others reporting all worked well and the AE is worth it... ?

12. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    You could also try this, this way you won't have to completely disable Windows updates:

FPS problems after Windows 10 update

• Informative Informative x 1