The Great Fire Wall

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JayX, Jan 1, 2016.

1. JayX

JayX New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As you may know the Chinese gov build a GFW to block many websites from abroad ,including many (game) servers ,and unfortunately ,i live in China . Sometimes i wonder if this is the proper reason i couldn`t connect to R3E server for a long time ,actually i often had that "internet connection error" ,not only in R3E ,but also in Company of Heroes 2 ,and that is very frustrating.
    But however, if any games could be palyed totally off line (with all the content i bought of course),then i might suffer less from the GFW. And yes I really hope i can play R3E without always being online.
    Ok im done with the complaining =)

2. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    That is a long story man. Many ppl requested this feature, but so far this option is not included, and devs usually keep being quiet about it. I'm sure there are business related reasons behind that (licenses, advertisings, etc), otherwise i cant see any real reasons . but thats just my opinion :).

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    See my comment in your other thread, R3E uses https connections and those are being blocked frequently in China. There are some other techniques known to produce issues with R3E and especially the way it handles SSL certificates.

So yeah, you'd probably benefit immensly from an offline mode. I'm still positive there'll be some sort of sollution...might not be what everybody hopes for (full offline mode) but at least something in between.