News The March 2019 developer notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Mar 15, 2019.

1. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "(ie : type "Volkswagen" and it will show all the car classes containing a Volkswagen car.)" (From the patchnotes thread).

A cheeky competition plug I can see there, @J-F Chardon :D.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Nah....you know the rules....it's at least 95% wishlist by now.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, every thread seems to turn into a wishlist of some sort.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I wish that this thread would get back on track, there. :smiley:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I'm not at all trying to write the word "Volkswagen" whenever I get the chance. In fact I could have used any word other than "Volkswagen", but at the time of writing, "Volkswagen" is the one that came to my mind.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Which word might come to your mind shortly bevor the next update?:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    So many openings there for a good retort. I will, however, refrain.

8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    "Dacia" ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    First letter?;)

10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    £200 more than I paid for my current car.
    The market for DD wheels is miniscule in comparison to the market leaders, it will change but not for many a moon. Some people may well have thousands to spend on peripherals but for the average Joe, £300 is enough of a hit to their wallets.
    For your pod casters, sure, great way to promote the hardware but if you look at what the quick guys are using, generally your mainstream G27, G920, T300, T500 or one of the Fanatec belt driven models, quick guys only need the tiniest amount of force feedback, enough to relay tyre slip and the bigger bumps. Your DD's are out of the reach of most, so will remain niche for the foreseeable future. My TX300 is more than 3 years old, had a battering but plods on, doing what it should.
    Would love one of the new Fanatec DD wheel bases (especially now S3 have their mitts on one) but a grand at least, then 3-400 squid for a wheel, same for pedals, jeez, nealy at 2 grand and we've not even mentioned the gaming PC and expensive GPU or what you sit on, change gear with or even look at, shit! I've just worked out I'm worth burgling!! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    That's why I buy my stuff 2nd hand, recently got an OSW 20nm with a GT rim and a formula rim made out of real carbon with 3 quick releases on EBay for just over £750, bought it but decided to keep my Accuforce which I paid about the same for and passed it on to a club member at cost price, so DD is not out of reach if you look around.

I know a guy who is selling an Accuforce Pro with rim and button box at the moment for 600 quid.

• Like Like x 1
  12. totalgamertb21

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Don't do it Rocco, now you've given the wishlisters another idea.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I was watching that sale, absolute bargain! Unfortunately I wasn't a position to buy but my hand was getting twitchy on the credit card!

14. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yeah 788 I think I got it for, was a bargain, it's getting shipped to Norway soon, was really slapping myself up the head to decide which one to keep but I have spent that much time with the Accuforce and tweaking that I just couldn't be bothered lol, would have liked the rims though.

I bid one second before the other guy who bid the same as I had an autobid that popped up as my highest bid was just pipped, he must have been gutted, I usually get sniped at the last second.

Glad I didn't steal it off you though ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  15. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    If anyone wants the contact for the guy in the UK with the Accuforce I can send it on, I have bought stuff off him, was immaculate.

16. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Is that a V2?

17. Stiggy

Stiggy Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Trouble with e-bay is I've been stung before. Bought a high end pair of speakers, drove 300 miles and picked them up, bloke was a bit weird but done the deal, got home both tweeters blown. :rolleyes: went through the whole complaint process, which in the end e-bay decided in the seller's favour, stating that I must have blown both on the journey home. o_O Didn't even take them out of the box until next day and how the hell I was supposed to fire up my Hi-Fi that was still in my living room at home.
    Don't use e-bay much these days. Sold a pair of motorbike boots, size 9, month after selling them the woman complained, saying they didn't fit, e-bay favoured old fat feet and tried to make me pay the money back and let her keep the boots! WTF!
    Nah, if spending over a grand for a steering wheel base, it will be new and with warranty and be delivered on a feather velvet cushion.

19. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I bought 10kg of rice today. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. HardWin

HardWin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I started with a T300RS, which is great - and you can have a good experience with that. However - once you’ve experienced for example a small mige - which is relatively affordable and capable of delivering much more detail, speed and power - you know what you’ve been missing. For a hobby that I practice often - and given the increased expected lifespan of a direct drive wheel given the industrial grade components - it isn’t expensive at all. So not following your choices here. Certainly given the fact that you do this nearly every day.

• Agree Agree x 3