Question The minefield of purchasing extra content

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by morsify, Jan 30, 2019.

1. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have any advice about purchasing of extra content?

If I understand correctly, it seems that if I buy a particular selection of cars and/or tracks, singly or in a pack, then in the future, if I want to buy a pack with different content, that pack may also contain content that I already own, and that's just tough luck. Is this correct?
    (It seems a bit of a pitfall that might put me off buying a pack in the future).

Which brings me on to the premium pack. Am I right in thinking, I can either pay £87 for the entire Raceroom contents, OR, I can buy 10,000 Virtual Race Points for £52 and buy the premium pack with those instead?
    (Why is there such a saving just because I bought some tokens?)

Is it best then, to just go for the premium pack and be done with it, even though there is content I might never use?

And if so, do I then still have to buy any new content that is released in the future?
    I don't have a problem with that, & I'm not complaining about any of the above, I'm just trying to get my head around the best way to collect the content that I need.

Sorry for the numerous questions, but any helpful past experiences/purchasing regrets would be much appreciated.

BTW, I should add I play on Steam, so I am assuming the funds would come from my steam wallet and appear automatically in my Steam library.

Thanks for any help.

2. MARCELLO

MARCELLO Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    if you buy a single car and buy the complete package in the future, you will not pay for it again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    You never pay for the same content twice.
    If you purchased an individual item, that price will be subtracted from any pack that also contains that item.

Yes, the cheapest way to get everything RaceRoom (65€) has to offer is to purchase the 10.000 VRP Package on raceroomstore.com and get the Premium Pack with those vRP.

The Premium Pack contains all content in store at the time of purchase.
    Not including content that will be published in the future.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    If you buy the premium pack any future content still has to be paid for, the premium pack only applies to currently released content not future content.

^^Edit, too slow just like my driving^^

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    If you buy a pack that contains content you already own you will receive a discount and wont have to pay twice for the same thing.
    Yup paying with vrp is quite a bit cheaper (dont ask me why or how much exactly tho :D)
    Depends on how much content you plan on using. If you just want say 5 cars and 5 tracks id not go for the premium pack but if you say 10 tracks and some cars youd probably already be better of with buying the premium pack and never using half the stuff.
    Yup future content will still have to be purchased. The packs only contain whats in them at the moment of purchase.
    You can use your steam wallet to buy content in r3e but you wont be able to use your steam wallet to purchase vrp as far as i know
    Hope that hrlps a bit and if anything i wrote is wrong please correct me @everyone :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Guess i wasnt the quickest either :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for the speedy replies, that helps clear it up a lot.
    I will give it some thought. It is good to know I would get the discount & not have to pay for the same content twice, but I might plump for the premium pack with the saving from the VRP.
    I have no problem with the fact that I would have to buy future content after that, it's just good to have the options clear.

8. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks, just one more question then - (sorry if I am missing this in the store), can I buy these VRP using Steam wallet funds? I am guessing not but would appreciate confirmation.

9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    ;)

10. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I was hoping you were unsure (and wrong). So now, with my current spending money locked in my Steam wallet, I must go and negotiate with my wife......lol

11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Nah pretty sure just wanting to keep a back door in case something changed and i didnt know about it.
    Good luck with that :D

12. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again, I've gone with the European Track Pack and have still to choose some cars.
    Brands Hatch Indy is fantastic!!

• Like Like x 1