The New Race Monitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny Michael, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure for anyone new to Race Monitor they will love it. As someone who has been using -webmenu for a long time I can only ask, what happened to the entire live timing part of Race Monitor? Is my installation corrupt? I cannot understand why you would remove this since it was the best part of Race Monitor, so to that end I can only ask, where is it?

2. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    You can click on the right dot next to people to see and compare the timings

3. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but it's not the live timing we had previously. Having another leaderboard in there is not a replacement for watching live sectors and being able to see if a person is on a valid or invalid lap.

4. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to set the default camera in Race Monitor? Previously I went directly to cockpit view, now I have to select it each time. I'm very sad for Race Monitor. It took 2 steps backwards with the release and is now pretty much worthless. Lots of big ugly buttons though, kudos on those.

Edit: On the leaderboard I just noticed that the color of the highlighted player bar is the same color as the car title bar. This is distracting when user is above the car title bar as they become one. Should be different shades.

Edit 2: And now I realize in Race Monitor the zoom and pan controls are also removed. All I'm going to say further is that whoever was in charge of making decisions on Race Monitor made some very, very bad decisions. They took what was a valuable tool and turned it into a toy. So sad. RIP Race Monitor.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021