The penalty/reputation system is a complete joke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Patrik, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Patrik

Patrik New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Why the actual **** do I get 4 incident points when I’m the one who gets punted or rammed?

2. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    It is a no-blame-system. The same as in many other games (like iracing). An ai system can't work 100% (to many scenarios to trick it) and look at Gran turismo or the F1 games, they fail miserably at determing who is at fault.
    It is no way perfect, sure, but this is the best we can have after all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jensmuellerhig

jensmuellerhig Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    This is because the software only detects the contact between two or more vehicles and not who is the victim or the one who caused it and by the way, this is the same in all simulations with safety rating.

4. Patrik

Patrik New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough. Well, it’s frustrating nonetheless.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just so there's no misunderstanding, if there's a contact incident, both drivers involved get the same amount of incident points, for the reasons laid out above.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I noticed there is a penalty for invalid lap but also one for going off track at the same time - surely both things are the same so why double jeopardy? I can understand if it was going off track at a different place after already having a lap invalidated but both at the same time seems excessive and I thought there was an amnesty of some seconds so as not to get multiple penalties from one incident, say a spin where you need to get back on track and maybe hit a wall doing so.

The last chicane at Daytona road course before the start finish also seems to have quite strict and even random cut detection (the yellow kerbs seems to trigger the cut when it should be the white lines) so it would be great to have that reviewed.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken, "Track" penalty is for a collision with an object, so these are applied in different situations.

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The ones I can see from previous races are:
    vehicle: 4pts
    non served penalty: 4pts
    disconnect: 3pts
    track: 2pts
    invalid lap: 1pt
    Stationary: 1pt
    Loss of control: 1 pt
    Plus you get an extra free gift of a random amount of rep hit if you are disconnected, dnf cos the car breaks or quit before the race finishes .

Don´t remember if I combined Invalid lap with a collision with an object or loss of control but pretty sure it was a double penalty, there was certainly not any time amnesty.

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I mean if you not only went off track, but also crashed into something, it's understandable if you get a bigger penalty (two different ones).

10. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Invalid lap means, you cut a corner too much or went wide. Offtrack you are completely off from the Racetrack.