The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Thug-Life

Thug-Life Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    The Gr.5 cars on R3E feel better to me. They are the first cars I have tasted in PC, to compare them with R3E. :p

The really impressive and the best of Project CARS is the rain, is simply amazing...

Agree. ;)

People prefer easier sims. The sad thing is that they say that the game they play, is the most realistic of all. :D

Here another example...

[​IMG]

To my GCSE destroys AC and PC by far. The trouble is graphically is not on the level of the others. This is sufficient for the people do not want to play (except real sim-racers in leagues). ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately we are somewhat of a very small crowd of hardcore simmers and the average folks on steam (or other platforms) tend to go for the WOW factor. I have no clue what PCars have in terms of partnership but as I see it they are going after the crowds of Codemasters and other in the big league. This sells big time even if it's not what we perceive as being the ultimate in realism. As for AC I have no clue how it became that popular, I saw it so many times advertised on steam and I have never seen that title go below 50$ and yet it is a big seller! Maybe it's the biz model like some pointed out but then again, the top played games on steam are free lol...yes they are made by valve, you got a point! :(

If you ask me, I'd go all in for R3E to become the top contender but then again, we'd have to sacrifice quite a lot in terms of realism. There are so many biz models that are working and are quite the opposite from one to the other, I have many games that offer quite a lot but relies on a lot of DLC and others that have a higher starting price but offers quite a lot.
    I don't know, maybe we are stuck in this big universe where everything changes quickly and we can't please everybody!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Quick update on PC. I've played it again tonight with more calm and paying attention to details and switching to R3E from time to time and... Well I gotta take back what I said in my OP.
    Tracks are superior in R3E, sound is superior in R3E, FFB doesn't say anything: it's just the wheel saying all of a sudden "oh! And now you're spinning! What you gonna do?". AI is actually worse than R3E. Tried to set it on ACE, and they just dive bomb each corner and if they go door to door with you (or other AIs) they just decide it's better to drive off track. I've tried two different classes at Nurburgring, M1 PROCAR and the Z4 and the first 5 turns was the chaos. That's not racing against the AI! That was let's try to survive these drunks!
    So, change of opinion: disappointed by the current status of the game. The only thing very good here is the graphic, tracks selection and the customization of the hosted servers. Other than that... It's just an (almost) empty experience.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    :sob::sob:This is getting ridiculous, we are currently living in the golden age of sim racing but i don't have time to play at all, Well .... like i used too.

I want to play more r3e but rarely can.
    I picked up Dirt Rally ... i didnt even get the chance to try it.
    And here comes Pcars .. i also have it. its installed. Waiting for me to play it. Again no time.
    Ac well i played a little bit with the Dreampack but haven't touched it in weeks.

Man i wish my wife would get that big promotion that she is after, then i could justify being a Dad at home ( when we get the kid )
    :p

On topic, Thanks for the info Emilio good to hear some in dept info vs R3E :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    A bit sad that "bling bling" attracts much more people but that's just very real. Amazing what potential a racing game has. Hope MP will be populated more again when the first PC testphase is over.
    And funny that rain seems to be under the top candidates of the wishlist. My demand for rain in real life is quite low specially during the weekend :p. It mainly makes F1 races a bit more interesting. In the virtual world the highest benefit for me is not to sit in a wet overall in an open wheeler but I never liked rain that much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yes - it's a bit sad, but with new games first it's all about graphics... Pcars attracted most people by just seeing pictures and Videos that were contiually published... I haven't seen much information about physics, game mechanics, FFB and things like that, but as a member of WMD I know about that and I always had the feeling that it is incomplete and needs some work... So the marketing, and with pcars especially the viral marketing, first concentrates on the optical aspects and this is a way to get new players interessted in a game...

The Weathersystem in Pcars is really gorgeous... Especially the changing weather is something I like. But to be honest in PCars I would always hope in a race that it won't start to rain in a race. Not only because it is more difficult to drive but the framerates drops alot... In addition I'm not sure that many of the regular race-gamers will often drive in rainy conditions... MP-Races would end into a wreckfest...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Have not finished my dowload of PC but now that it is released and feed back raining all over the steam forums more than ever I tend to regret what I paid for it before even being able to try. I will try tonight, once my wife is back from work, 1st trying to get my g27 working (settings looks like a pain in the a... according to comments) + many errors or bugs + seen several posts in which players on day 1 have already met cheaters achieving 20 or 30 seconds laps on tracks like monza if I remember well . More arcadish, more modern look = more losers ? Makes me remember the cheaters I met in grid2 lol. Excuse me for being rough, I will maybe change my current point of view once I have played.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    There is hope Aline Senna will more over there :p

• Funny x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    First Impressions : R3E FTW

Big performance issues, FFB grainy, Nice Elavation on the tracks though, but I have no feeling of 'I must play this' that I got when I first got raceroom. I got work to do!

So S3 get the features finished and blow 'em away!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  10. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    The poor FF is just a matter of profiler/driver settings. I just configured 100% FF and 900° in my Logitech profiler and it isn't that tame as it is in default settings.But anyway the FF doesn't feel good (no vibration on curbs, no feel or over-/understeering).
    Funny fact: The best time on Spa with a Z4 GT3 i drove in my first round with nearly no FF at all.

To me pCars looks like a good Beta
    - Few Settings don't work (seat forward makes you look up, ingame wheel calibration doesn't work correctly, etc)
    - Poor Sound. You just hear the engine scream when you're on the throttle, silence when you're not. No squeaking tires when full breaking.
    - Cars are sticking on the track even when you turn off TC,ABS, etc.
    - You can cut tracks with no penalty
    - No result screen after multiplayer races
    - MP host can change settings/tracks etc. after you joined a lobby
    - It wasn't clear to me when training, qualy, race starts

11. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that r3e is to expensive for much players. When i thought about how much i spend in this game. Minimum 70€. Buy a track: 5€, buy a car pack (DTM): 25€, buy another car pack: 20€.....etc...Thats the main problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Eye candy is the prime argument for many players, lets face it. It has always been like that. Good bait catches fine fish. ;) Especially true for the racing genre.

The weather in PC looks good, but thats about it, it seems. It also costs plenty of resources, apparently. The visual style of PC comes at a cost for many: low frames, problems on consoles, immense hardware demands if you want to run with sliders upwards or a bigger flock of AI cars.

13. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I was able to drive the BMW Gr5 with almost 100% throttle while in R3E I am going to kiss the walls with half of the input when the turbo kicks in! :rolleyes:
    Some cars in PCars sounds just horrible that I can't drive them, for me it's like driving one of the cars in R3E that has a voice extinction!
    But yes, I still like some parts of PCars when I just want to lap and being able to hold my coffee in the other hand! :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It looks really nice but it's totally unrealistic that the drops just sit and stay where they are, they should be moved up by the wind. The next time you drive in rain that heavy observe your own windscreen, that area beyond the wipers range just becomes a plain of water that's being pushed upwards by the wind. Very cheap way of implementing rain imo.
    Even Race 07 had raindrops on the screen moving upwards:

And just look at the puddles on the track in the steep uphill section, lmao.

Also there's obviously no cut track detection, and this is in a competition that grants prizes, ridiculous:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I'm curious, what exactly is it that you "like" in the business model itself? I can imagine that it does the income dance for them, but for me as a customer I strongly dislike the microtransaction system there is. Not to mention that the game, if you get all content, could cost you up to three times as much as the competition. - And as I reported in a separate thread several weeks ago, the game-inbuild webshop does not even work for me, I am one of those not few players that need to work around by manually going through the transaction via separate web browser. But that is the smallest concern. So, for curiosity, what is it that is to be liked in this business model, from a customer'S POV? As a customer, I see no advantage in it. And R3E is the most expensive race title I ever embarked on. Only iR would become more expensive over time.

And I never understood why even SP mode must be run with session-based online authorization. That is a big No-No and imo unforgivable. Activation via Steam, okay. Regular verification of game account's validity: fine. But even Steam itself can be run in an offline mode and allows oyu to play most games offline, when your connection fails or is down for maintenance. enforcing online connection even when online connection is not needed gameplay-wise - zero understanding from my side. Did not tolerate it from UBI (no such game in use). Not from EA (no such game in use). And I hate it in this game. I was not fully aware of it in advance - else I would have probably stayed away from R3E, too. Might be another reason why R3E sees limited love from players only.

16. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for making up my mind to NOT drop $50 on this. Can I get a refund on all the other racing sims I have but never play? :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to spend money on content you don't want.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. hector

hector New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I like it!! The more good quality racing games the better, but it could do with a demo to be able to try before you buy, as someone else's opinion is not as good as trying it for yourself.

19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If money is the argument, still the bang for buck ratio, on basis of quantity (not quality), would be what it is - the most disadvantageous of the racing games I knew, know or heard of. And I am playing racing games since Ferrari Formula One Grand Prix by EOA (yes, back then Electronic Arts still were called EOA) for the Amiga. ;)

Imagine you want only one third of the available cars and tracks, then you would have 8 tracks, and around two dozen cars. That is, comparing to other titles, less return for the the same money (or even slightly more) that others would cost.

If money is the argument, as you imply, then the game remains to be the most costly title on the racing market AFAIK (ignoring iR, since it cannot be directly compared to any other racing game). That can hardly be what is to be loved in this business model.

I did not ask for wanting to attack R3E. The guy I replied to said he liked the business smodel, and that made me curious, I did not naturally assume he was talking on money only, I got it that he liked the method and procedure for itself. But maybe I am wrong on that.

And me - I spend the money for all tracks and most cars and do not regret it, that says better than any words whether the game is worth it to me or not. ;) But I have no illusions on its price policy: it is one of the most expensive games I ever played. Only FS plus plenty of addons and The Hunter costed me more. And how often over the past 18 months have we heard that PC offers so much more content than simulation X or Y: more bang for the buck? Lets not be mistaken: the pricing policy also is something that keeps a certain amount of potentially interested players away from R3E. What is worth it for me, and people in this forum, is not worth it for very many others, especially if they are kids with limited pocket money that cannot afford to buy each and every new game. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    The content I don't want is always the cheapest one and nobody rocking it online... For example, Tourings, Procar, Daytona itself, GTR X, etc... I wonder, why people don't like GTR X, it's like full carbon g5 with modern look and sound...

I believe Sector 3 should provide more sales, the situation is critical with average 200-300 peak players during the day I can't find good multiplayer action...

If you want to race somebody in the morning - you can forget... Even on free Portimao and RaceRoom track with free cars, there 2-3 people playing... terrible...

Afternoon If you get lucky you can catch-up some 4-6 players lobby, from these 6 only 2 or 3 good racers..

Only evenings can provide you 24/24! Horrible!

And I am not talking about dudes who leaving the race after first simple spin or getting out of track, of course they are silly noobs for me, but it really destroys online enjoyment!

That's by the way, a good reason to put a rewards into online races. People who find brave to finish after few wipes are in respect for me and they should be rewarded! Everybody should have something for their diligence! And this should be something you can exchange for tracks, cars and liveries! That what I am talking a motivation!

There many of us. Somebody can play for few hours a week, somebody for 6-8 hours per day. People who want content and have no time – should pay dollars!
    People who want content and have time to grind during online – should pay exchange their rewards gained during the races!

Believe me, I am economist with Master's Degree, you will lose much more if something like I proposing won't introduced to the game.

Motivate people with real stuff and you will get popularity, full lobbies, happy customers!

• Agree Agree x 1