The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    today i raced a Ginetta GT5 around Brands Hatch GP and it began to rain, light rain, but water was all drained and track still almost dry (the visuals and the tire noises matched this) . After about 4 laps it began heavier raining and you had to start brake earlier and be cautious when accelerating from a corner (track also started to look more wet and tire squeals now mostly were sliding noises). After some minutes the track and grass etc weren't able to drain the amount of water and the track became wetter and wetter and you really had a hard time to get through a corner (now you could clearly see water all over the track, big puddles were not formed yet). Even with this 150hp car it was a sliding fest. The grass turned into somewhat like mud and when you got off track you just slid far far across the wet grass into the next barrier.

The race was only 10 minutes (I tested the career so didn't want full length) and it was finished shortly after.
    But if it would be 10 minutes more or so the puddles would come and give you some nice aquaplaning.

Also very nice was that you could see a thunderstorm in the distance coming closer. The rain was already present but there was something big coming up. But race was finished before it was unleashed. :-D

this was pretty cool and the racing in rain now works very good. I'm satisfied.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, the SLS and AMG GT3 sound quite bad and bangless in the real life races I went. Exactly the same as how it sounded in Pcars 1.

Compared to the VASCs, vintage ATCC and the classic racing muscles, the GT3s are quite tame in term of it's sound.

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Do you know if they have fixed the thing where the weather in career mode is identical every season please?

4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Keep on doing that!

5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Interesting question, that one slipped my mind (though I'm at my 54th season... IT should be fixed.
    It is pretty predictable now, though it still surprises me sometimes (so many different races in a season).
    Maybe it is a kind of compensation for the fact that AI always knows when it is going to rain (or when it is going to stop raining), while the Stig sometimes tells me rain is expected in the next few laps, while it is already raining for a while...LOL.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0

Just a shame they can can afford to employ all the people required to adopt all these wonderful features on the back of tucking us all up with PC1.
    Now, if it was free to everyone that got bamboozled first time round, then I may lay off them for 5 minutes.
    At no point have I dismissed PC2 as unbuyable, merely dismissing the hype, as the source of said hype is as trustworthy as a politicians sincerity.
    Still prefer S3 and others progressive approach to Sim production but I do realise there are many that like to buy (what is claimed) a finished product, as in all life's challenges, 52% will love it and 48% will hate it, variety is the spice of life!

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i made different experiences. The SLS GT3 had a pretty loud and punching sound that went down to your stomach.

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Looked very arcade, NFS standard sort of physics to me but then again, looks can be deceiving and I'm not the one doing the driving so have no idea on how it feels, grip levels looked far to high for the conditions though.
    Very pretty though but I think we all sort of expect that from a pCars title.

I'm all for competition in the sim market, that's how the area moves forward, so, I'll look forward to seeing the final product. :)

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    what video are you talking about?

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The Nords VR in the rain/fog

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Whereas a 7:01 in the rain... :p
    Sorry, couldn't resist. ^^ I promise I'll stop going on about it.

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I was looking at the speeds he was taking through the corners on a wet track, that's what was giving me the impression of the physics.
    I hope I'm way off though and they are just my own opinion.

14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    if you read my post you would see that the visuals didn't match the physical conditions of the track. Basically it was shown a wet surface but it wasn't. So the speeds you see were made on a mostly dry track but the track looked wet. That issue was resolved in a later build and is now working correctly.
    I tested it with several cars on several tracks. Unfortunately I cannot show the videos I captured to the public.

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    but.... it's not rain :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I know, I read your post. Just teasing. ;)

17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Looked like rain to me...

:p

@sbtm
    I take your point mate, I'd missed your comment (along with an entire page :confused:).

18. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Another rain driving video, a bit different from the one at the Nordschleife...

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I assume this is pretty much outdated, seeing how the vid was uploaded in February?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    For sure, but the wet physics seem to be OK in this case. Someone posted the vid in the pCars forum because he felt the raindrops on the windscreen and the hood were not real enough.:rolleyes:
    I rather liked the sound of splashing water (though I think it is still a loop in this case)
    There is no way to know if it is going to look/feel the same in the final product, but that also counts for recently posted videos. SMS is still shoving out (sometimes huge) new batches on a daily/weekly base AFAIK (I'm not testing).