The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    And the best thing about this video is knowing John Sabol was not a PC1 fan, he was always very critical about the physics and ffb in the first version. So when he is positive, it means something to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    That's not a good sign either.:rolleyes:

I've seen it already when it released, but it wasn't convincing enough.

I'm not a hater, I still play with the first title too occasionally. But this thread reminds me of the agressive "investors" of the first game constantly bragging about how PCARS is the next best thing since sliced bread and we all know how well that turned out, so I chose a cautious approach this time.:cool:

3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I'm not an "investor" of the first game and i'm not defending anything. I'm not sure if i'm gonna like PC2 either.
    I'm just gonna test the game myself when it's out, if it's good i play it, if it isn't good i don't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Not saying you were. But I am convinced they will have their say about this vid...
    As @RoccoTTS said: Sabol was not really a fan of pCars (to say the least) and his comments now are quite different.
    I get what you are saying though. But the same (in the other direction) goes for people always moaning about each and every aspect about SMS/PCars.
    pCars was not the best in every aspect, far from that, but it was not nearly as bad as some people want you to believe.
    I have pCars / R3E / RF2 / AMS and AC and I still play them all. I hate none of them, but there is not one without flaws, issues, bugs, weaknesses or lacking features.
    (Better stop typing about lacking features now...:rolleyes:)

Edit: I was/am not an investor either.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    There are some AI and FFB issues popping up in recent builds due to some changes in the code which I do not know why they removed the NDA that shows the game in bad light with these videos.

6. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    What's that talk about the vwheel not matching our wheel?

I don't recall ONE car doing that (but I didn't driven all of them either)
    Could be a an animation issue or the car needing a pass on this.i recall at the beginning the cars "locking" the vwheel at 270ยบ but it was a loong time ago...

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    NDA isn't lifted. Many videos out there are illegal and the authors may have to face consequences. Videos have to be approved by the WMD members with a rating system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

But sliced bread turned out very well if I'm not mistaken :-D

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Hmm that looked like the same spongy over rolling delayed steering response that went with as standard with road and old cars in PC1, why do some people think this is the way all old cars felt and drove, not the best video for hyping that's for sure, sorry Sbtm..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    it's the softer suspension. steering is not spongy at all.

And as we learned in racing school, a softer suspension leads to a less reactive car. Maybe that's what you see. I'm sure you get it more reactive with a general stiffened up setup. But I softened the default setup a bit, also the front ARB was too tight so inner front wheel often lost road contact in corners.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  12. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    So, does it 'feel' better to drive?
    Is the game now easy to set-up, as in FFB?
    It does look very pretty, cars look good.
    Tracks too.
    Not sure about this snow stuff...

13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yes.
    yes.
    agree.
    agree again.
    you mean snow falling from the sky or the snow surface? It's pretty great in my opinion. With the right tires it is really fun. Doesn't feel off like many fear.

14. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Well, Jimmy doesn't sound too impressed

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Ninja'ed by two minutes. :D

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    well it's Jimmy... would be surprising if he was :-D

[tinfoil]
    he's sponsored by Heusinkveld Engineering, Niels Heusinkveld is also physics engineer/developer for Reiza Studios (Automobilista) and Jimmy's basically paid for talking down such strong competitors like Project Cars 2
    [/tinfoil]

I mean.. nobody trusts Austin from PRC too because "he's a paid shill"... so this logic should be valid for Jimmy too then. ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  17. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I'm not impressed either. How does he even manage to get such a bad view. Graphics seem more like rF2, while even graphics in pCars1 were massively better.
    It doesn't feel right on OSW... probably the settings (people keep struggling to get the right feel in RR and other sims too...).

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    he said he maxed out graphics.. but I have maxed out graphics and it looks so much better at le mans in the middle of the day. You just have to look at the cars to see that he obviously dialed the settings down.
    Heck, even all the VR videos where they need to have compared pretty low settings for decent fps look much better.

19. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Which is why I think this has been done on purpose to make it look bad...

20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Well Jimmy's reviews are as bad as his driving..He obviously turned the graphics down a fair bit, then just waffles on about nothing, the guy is a arse..
    I know this might sound like stupid logic, but the more I watch I still see to much of PC1 in it, the annoying and some of the bad, but as I've said before when you are looking to bring in the profits, you have to sell to the Console land, which will always compromise it being a full blown sim in many ways..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017