The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    @mmaruda but isn't forza baked?

pC2 the droplets are also affected by physics like wind and car speed and direction ;)

In anycase consoles can die. The last GREAT one was Dreamcast only beaten by the good PS3 (still have mine - the fat one).

PC FTW :D

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    For Raceroom there is always a 35% discount available with prebuying 10000vrp redeem-code via www.raceroomstore.com

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I learned that not so long ago, accidentally reading about it on the forum. ;)
    But when starting in R3E (I read the Store FAQ, where that is not even mentioned) I had no idea about the "extra" discount on top of the "store discount".

4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hehe, yeah - I checked that Store FAQ a few weeks ago and noticed that, too. I thought I read it after the rebuild of the store.
    I'm not sure if there are some Regulations with ingame-Stores in combination with steam-Plattform?! Normally Steam wants to participate on the income that a Game makes through selling on steam.

5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I think the difference what "long time users" and "newbies" have to pay for R3E is to big. Newbie can have averything for 50 EUR now, if promo runs. Old rabbits have payed nearly 200 EUR. Thats not fair.

I believe this difference you find in no other racing sim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you do.. Game 60€ + Season pass 30€ = 90€..

Game of the year edition later with every DLC included... 30€

you ALWAYS pay more when you're an early adopter.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    In my case'
    - for pCars2: 78€ (Deluxe = including season pass).
    - for RaceRoom (I was not exactly an "early" adopter): around 200€ and to get all the latest content another 28€ (not counting possible discount if you buy VRP in the RR store.
    But I agree that waiting to buy can save money in some cases.

8. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    As said before, it's a bit difficulte to compare. You are counting the price for Raceroom from Day 1 and pCars2 from day 1. As Raceroom is not going to have a successor, but pCars2 is already and will have a successor, you must put the price for pCars1 in the calculation, too.

Others can say. 64€ for Raceroom but 160€ for pCars 1 and 2.
    I won't do the math for Codemasters F1-game over the last years ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Nobody is forced to buy, you are free to purchase what and when you want.
    This dicussion leads to nowhere.
    It's a waste of time.
    We're talking about peanuts looking at this.
    Have a look at the dlc list.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And I used to shake my head in disbelieve when looking at simraceway's pricing... Silly me. :D

12. knut m helgeland

knut m helgeland Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    So.. i bought into the hype and went on steam to get hold of Project Cars 2...

Did not buy the delux version though, but i guess i will hold on for future sales (steam christmas sale too soon?) to get the DLCs at a later stage if i really like this game/sim. Half the reason for holding back was the fact that i did not really enjoy Project Cars 1 that much....

First thing i did was to browse the car list, and found the Ferrari 288GTO... love those "old" Ferraris, so i tried to pick a short track i know, to get some feel for the car. Then i went to options to set up the wheel and turn off all the "driving aids".

The first few laps i found that the car was swapping ends on me whenever i was near the brake pedal, so went into the settings and moved the brake balance a bit... still a bit tailhappy if you brake late, but far less sensitive at least. The car was pretty oldschool and fun to drive...

Still a bit early to say much about the game though, but first impressions with the Ferrari 288gto is that is much more engaging to drive than the GTO in Assetto Corsa. From the 1 car sample i've had yet i must say it felt pretty good to drive (force feedback seemed to be quite good, and the respons of the car felt predictable... and i still crashed out a lot [​IMG] ). The sounds are pretty ok and the GFX are more than nice enough for me (i prefer the clean gfx style of iRacing, and this is a bit similar but with a bit more bells and whistles with out going too far), but i do need to find the setting for the motion blur as noted under the video...

Anyways, for some bad driving around the Red Bull Ring look no furter :

When watching the shadowplay recording i see that i should find the setting for the "motion blur" and remove/reduce it as it looks a bit strange (at least i don't really like that "effect")

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I think you are using helmet cam right ?
    That is probably where the blur chimes in. In cockpit cam it is not present (at least with motion blur disabled in the menu).

14. knut m helgeland

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yeah.. use the helmet cam to get the TrackIR working properly (didn't seem like the ordinary incar view responded with TrackIR)

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    try to start pcars2 with "-allowvr" in steam. That works for me and EDTracker. First I only could use it in helmet cam but now I can use it in cockpit cam.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Received a warning yesterday evening for crossing the white line after leaving the pit.

Thanks, god.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. knut m helgeland

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    So, i tried a few laps around Imola with the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Competizione (that name is handfull!) in PC2 earlier today, and it was quite fun!

The car is pretty loose, but it doesn't bite as hard as newer GT cars usually does, as it looses traction pretty gradually. Some is probably down to the tires, but its an older car with less grip to start with, so the grip doesn't get away too abruptly. Project cars 2 has some cars that are quite fun (and feel realistic, or should i say feels like you expect, as i guess few of us simracers have had the opportunity to try the cars in real life), and has really surprised me after PC1 (that i did not enjoy much). That said, i mostly have tried older Ferraris yet :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    But you missed the point that as long any product is signed SUPER BRAND NEW & EXTRA SHINY NOW !! ppl are drilled to fall like flies for it no matter what,even if the "exciting new sugar coating" melts away within a few days or weeks and appears more or less ordinary again (and often is)...that's the way profit is made (has to be made) nowadays by creating more and more artificial needs - for many products the investment for PR, Marketing etc. is higher that the production costs of the item itself....
    Not talking about pC 2 explicitly btw. , it just came to my mind....it's more about the principle and the customers responsibillity to follow such trends or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy it more and more.

Its a really cool game with good physics, sounds and graphics (ok, sounds not on all vehicles). Hat a great race yesterday evening in the 2016 Bentley GT3 in Portimao, Oculus, 25 starters. Sensationell immersion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It sure has its strong sides (not going to mention them, the list would be too long), but I have encountered more issues and bugs than I ever have in pCars1 (PC version).
    On top of that - but no official confirmation on the forum - it seems that it has been dumbed down for performance reasons on consoles and even on PC's. Tracks look more like Kunos tracks, I mean the whole lively atmosphere that existed in pCars1 is now completely gone. No more moving spectators or animals, no more ambient sounds (at least on most tracks), no reverb sounds in tunnels or in villages, headlights have no impact in daylight, fences and hedges popping up at close distance, trees and shadows also. Weird water textures at Bannochbrae, like blankets being pulled over the surface at the shores.
    No Red Bull statue at the Red bull Ring...and I can go on for a while on the graphics side.

The clutch does not work (properly) or not at all, changing gears is sometimes a mess, but these two points are recognised and should be taken care of in the (a) next patch.

AI on itself seems to be good (105% and 75 aggression), but is very inconsistent, even while comparing their speed in practice/quali/race at the same track in the same conditions. I had several fine races though, even a really great one in the Formula Junior (I hope I get the name right), which (and that goes for almost all open wheelers) was a mess in pCars 1.
    In all my races I had 1 (ONE) contact with AI (could have been my own fault), not counting some doorhandle rubbing. I have not been hit from behind, not being pushed wide, not being passed on the grass, no complains except from the above mentioned inconsistency. If they can fix that, AI will be superb.

World movement settings are OFF.
    Set it at 0 and the horizon does not move (much), but the dash will rise and drop far too much. It should NOT do that.
    Set it to 100 and the dash does not move but the world goes up, down, left, right, shudders. I tried all settings but it just does not work like it should. The view is like what a fixed camera in the cockpit would record. But that is not what the human eye sees (since it is able to work with the brain and inner ear to keep the view still). The mods on the forum either don't understand or just don't want to and they deny there is an issue (while lots of people reported it).

Cockpit view settings (maybe others too) are not saved.
    Dashboards on 40+ cars are offset to the left or right. They say it is done to match reality...
    I need to use Ctrl+K and A / E to correct, but that is not saved either :confused:

In short: there is a WHOLE lot of work to do and I do hope they will.
    I'm having fun, but there are too much issues bothering me...

• Agree Agree x 1