Question The race will end in... Banner

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Petro1head, May 15, 2020.

1. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can I move this as its in the way

sc.jpg

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You might be able to move it via the HUD customisation feature. Check your key assignments to make sure you have a key set to move HUD elements. When the message appears, hit the key, grab it with the mouse, and put it where you want.

That's the drawback... something has to be displayed on the screen before you can move it.

Alternatively, switch to a webHUD and get a far better overall HUD which is fully customisable, without issues like this.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The most annoying UI feature in the game for me. It is not possible to move it or resize it. Maybe there is a way to edit the game config files to change the position but I haven´t found it. Does anyone know?

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    If that's the case, then try something like OtterHUD instead. Complete replacement for the regular HUD with a lot more functionality and customisation. Looks far better too, in my humble opinion.

In all honesty, I'm surprised anyone is still using the default HUD these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, not heard of OtterHUD

6. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    However, this does not seem to cure the problem :)

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    We shouldn´t have to resort to third party apps to solve something a RRE dev could fix in 5 minutes. The race over countdown is pretty pointless anyway as we already know it´s the last lap of the race because the winner has crossed the line.

It could be made smaller and placed at the top or the side of the screen if people really needed to see it -same as was done for penalties. There is nothing worse than entering the last corner and being blinded/distracted by this obnoxious clock appearing and refusing to leave. I guess it is an incentive to win the race so as not to see it!

8. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well it seems to me Sector 3 Studio are not interested in what their customers think

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    That's a really good HUD, which almost all are using now. I wonder why can't sector3 do something like that? Would it be so difficult?

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    It does, because you can completely turn off the in-game HUD which removes that message altogether. Works for me.

The basic HUD in R3E has always been crap. WebHUDs were introduced to the game by the developers themselves, they are not a third-party add-on. They also provided their own HUD for the new system at the time. OtterHUD just happens to be a far superior version of the same thing. If you really aren't willing to get with the times and upgrade then I don't know what to tell you. As Carlos said, the majority of people already have.

Yes, because it would likely involve recoding the way the entire user-interface works within the game engine, which is no small feat. Hence why they built in WebHUDs instead, a far quicker, vastly superior, and much more customisable solution.