"The Sanga" - Abuse and threats.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OscarHardwick, Jul 21, 2015.

1. OscarHardwick

OscarHardwick Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have posted a report as is the procedure but felt the need to post this here.

During a multiplayer race I turned off the pit lane speed limiter in the pits. This is something you can do as it's a map-able button and the game does not penalize you for it in qualifying (the session in which I did this). I used it to clear some traffic and get out early. Maybe not a great thing to do but I wasn't hurting anyone.

The Sanga then proceeds to swear at me violently and attempt to wreck me throughout Qualifying.

This continued in to the race where in which threats were made against both my life and identity. Whilst I am sure this was in some sort of jest from the youngster it is entirely unacceptable. If anyone was in the race please could you post here to back this up. I do not know if the chat logs are saved anywhere in the replay files but I would be happy to get them and post them as well.

Having people like this even close to a multiplayer environment is stupid and appalling. Hopefully something can be done.

Regards,

Oscar.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    It was the same today on the virtualracing.org server. When the race starts he said that he will crash the guy in first position (and he did it as far as i could see it). After that he started to insult him, wants "to headshot his family" and so on. I had another guy saying the same a few days ago on the same server but doesn't remember his name.
    So pleeeease add a ban feature :)

3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    This is really really sick. These words are definitively a reason for a permanent ban. It's not just taunting. This is a serious threat.
    I don't care, if this person is a paying R3E customer. I for myself don't want to race with people like this.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... I was in the same race and he was really annoying. The Race was in Suzuka.
    In Quali he was insulting to a few drivers but in the end he focused on one Person.
    After the start I was a few places in front of him. But as he wants to chase his "victim" he needs to come to the front. So in the esses he had nothing better to do than making a shortcut and kicking my car of the track.
    I'm not sure how he has made it but one lap later he reached his victim and crashed him out of the race.

5. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Those threats should't be allowed in any public gathering, real or virtual (not to mention the wrecking behaviour).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    He's obviously on a vendetta spree. Been in a race with him and Robert Platzk. Now, while I respect Robert for him being one of the fastest guys around, I'm also not a fan of his driving sometimes, been rammed by him several times although I was clearly the slower driver and tried to avoid crossing lines. If one is that much faster then it is his responsibility to avoid contact and pass cleanly.

BUT The Sanga went on and on about some race from the past, saying "Robert do you remember? On Norisring?" and then going at Robert deliberatly, which is against any fair play rules I've come across. And yes, he was very insulting/threatening there too.

Banning permanently won't work I guess, too many legal issues. But I think with an addition to the EULA it would be possible to ghost players and/or block them from the chat temporarily and eventually permanently if such behaviour persists.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    We already have it in the EULA.

Just quoting ...
    So i see no legal issues to not ban such an account. Simply said, it's an infringement of the EULA.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Maybe should have read that before agreeing to it. ;)

But seriously, the way I interprete this it is about unlawful/illegal content and/or statements. While it isn't polite, respectful, common sense or anything we'd want to see it is a very delicate matter to determine whether such a statement ("threat") is unlawful.

"In determining whether words or actions constitute a threat there is a difference between an intention to cause harm, and someone who is merely “sounding off” who does not intend to create any fear. For example a statement 'I feel like I could kill my husband' could be interpreted as an expression of emotions, whereas 'I want to kill my husband' is a threat to do harm." http://www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au/ch12s05s01s10.php

Of course those laws differ form country to country but in their core say the same, the intention to cause fear being a major aspect of a statement being regarded as a threat.
    Legal potato-potata, not something the team is too eager to get involved in I'd guess.

That's why I said we'd need an additional line for inappropriate behaviour combined with less harsh punishment (ghosting/blocking from chat) to be on the safe side.

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I believe I was also bumbling around in that race, taken out 3 times in first couple laps, got to say didn't notice abuse but then I can't watch what people are typing and stay on track, one or tother so generally opt for latter (in theory). Had a race with the accused earlier today in a M1, did type " who's been a naughty boy" but got no response, so couldn't start conversation (couldn't catch him either :( ). Sounds like the actions of a youth and a prior confrontation coming to the fore. Simple kick button, more than 50% hits culprit goes transparent and can be ignored!
    Nice touch would to be able to view who was in the server before you enter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    perhaps he just needs a chat ban. It seems like the ramming comes after the chatting so if their is no chatting there will be less bad driving.

11. Konta-Robi

Konta-Robi Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Christian sorry for hitting you a few times sometimes its hard to handle the speeddifference and sometimes i was surprised but was never on purpose and was mostly my fault. This Sanga guy is fast but he acts like a maniac and i dont remember the norisring incident but also seen him crashing in other guys. He also means he knows where i am living and want to come to me i have no problem with this shittalkers but there are other people. I think on every profile there is a report function maybe when enough people use this function he get banned

12. hariseldon

hariseldon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Banning permanently is doable, certainly iRacing will permaban people even with £1000 of content. R3E would be well-advised to have a report button that sends the chat and say the last 1 minute of replay to a given location and enable someone to monitor anything dodgy, with suitable punishments (eg chat ban or driving ban for x time or permanent) going with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Robert,
    no hard feelings at all about it. I know it's difficult sometimes and we can't be 100 % safe all the time, that's racing, but I like to think that for you super-fast guys it should be easy to pass the slower crowds like myself, if both drivers don't do stupid things or loose control, which I try to avoid (I know I'm sometimes struggling ;) ).

But seeing that Sanga was going for you deliberately and uttering such insults was something else tbh.
    And I read the whole thing, him going on about where you live and such which is way beyond and actually could be regarded a threat (in the legal sense I wrote about before).

Best regards, always glad to see you...well, your cars exhaust :p on-track

Christian

14. Konta-Robi

Konta-Robi Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    you arent that slow christian on some track-car combinations you are even quicker than me

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Cheers :flushed: definitely not GT Masters though...:D

16. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not wrong he looks anything but "young"...

17. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I wish there's a ban option on a dedicated server

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Asked that LONG time ago (but was Kick option for Pubs)..
    Hopefully kick and ban will be added in the next build?

19. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Lets hope for that ;)

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Guess he's back, Giuseppe Sangalli, crazy threats and deliberate ramming against harry damen (who was driving behind me, for a short while) in a GT3 race on Zandvoort.