The Sherlock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Jan 9, 2019.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I hope things are ok, but if something bad would happen, we need to make sure whomever is in charge of the sound and the physics get hired by Reiza....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Reiza make a very good job right now

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I would say the car handling is now on a par with RRE. Some cars are better and some are quite bad but there is less of a link to PC2 forklift turn in than before and the slip angles make the old school cars quite fun to slide around.

Game content is also now more comprehensive and AMS2 offers some interesting track and car combos outside the well-worn GT3 at Spa, available in all games.

I´d say that Motorsport Games and Codemasters are the ones who need to be hiring people right now considering the size of their organisations vs the popularity of their games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  4. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion physics and FFB in Raceroom are way better than in AMS2. Even after the latest update cars still feel somehow slippery in a strange way. When switching from AMS2 to RR for me it always feels like day and night.

From all sim titles I have (rFactor2, AC, ACC, AMS2) I like RR the most - by far!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Nah you can keep the constant understeer and inability to slide in a controllable way...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    When is the last time you tried AMS2? You are completely wrong, or perhaps your settings are...

7. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I have 1400 hours on AMS2 and 600 on RaceRoom, which is enough for me to not bother with RaceRoom again until something drastically changes with the tyre model.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    What's wrong in your opinion with the RR tyres?

9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Great, another topic turned into Raceroom vs X game :D Well, its either that or another wishlist

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    AMS2 has some good cars and I want Reiza to succeed as I am a big fan of their work ethic and AMS1 is one of the best sims ever made, but Raceroom feels way better to me so I really hope that nothing "drastically" changes to make Raceroom drive more like AMS2 as that would be a downgrade for me.

Many cars in AMS2 feel both slippy and glued to the road at the same time... it's weird. Some cars will "dance" and slide a lot but not really loose traction as the tires feel like they have too much controllable slip, even at extreme angles, so it just feels like driving a little RC drift car.

On the other hand the Brasil Stock Cars are some of my favorite cars in sim racing. If only all cars in AMS2 had the same quality...

• Like Like x 1
  11. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Slightly exaggerated slip angles are preferable to cars that are glued to the road and cannot ever slide at all (beyond the classical autobin.exe) and the only driving dynamic is understeer, understeer and more understeer. But if people have only mainlined GT3 ranked races on R3E for a year, they probably don't realise there is much more to sim racing than that.

12. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've found AMS2 to have come on a hell of a way this year, and I'm having a lot of fun with several combinations of track/car.

I think it suffered from a very mediocre launch, and they're still struggling to tidy up the quality of some of that earlier package, but the new stuff has been consistently good for me, and their recent physics/FFB update being another great leap forwards overall.

Rather than chop and change sims on a daily basis I tend to stick with one for a while before 'rediscovering' another, and AMS2 has held that go-to spot quite well recently. I do have a growing itch for some RRE DTM though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Might be better to move this last page of comments to the AMS2 thread, I hold my hands up for helping derail the thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Its probably diversion by S3S to move away from digging for clues

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    This is false. In fact I was driving the group 4 BMW the other day sliding it's back end around at will.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    AMS2 doesn't have a tyre model, it uses the Madness engine which as we all know still only has the Oxcart model, to compare it too RR's is just blasphemy. I can drift a Group C with cold tyres at Interlagos all day long in AMS2, with no consequences, you know, like crashing. AMS2 for some reason is stuck in Toddler driving mode. Utter Litter!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    It's sad to see that we are talking about ams2 on the R3e forum. So much the better for ams 2, it advertises them. But R3E communication is the reason

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Monthly road maps would go a long way to keep people interested that's for sure. All I seem to see pasted across their social media accounts is races that are being held. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    First time I think it’s dead now. Many players weren’t that satisfied from the last patches and went away. Seems that noone is interested from dev point of views.

Imho.

20. Fapricio

Fapricio Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hope not :(
    I do not think none is interested in devs' POV. The problem, IMO, there is no (public) roadmap in which you could get hypped. I miss those J-F's roadmaps.

Will we get December Update? I don't think so. And I do not want it, either. I do remember last Dec Updates, leaving ranked races unplayable until mid-January, because devs were on their vacations. I prefer updates after Winter Holidays, when all the team is back.

• Agree Agree x 4