The WORST car you have ever owned, or driven....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Timmy L, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I liked the look of them...
    You just put me off.
    Sounds bad..
    Thank whoever, that most car dealers will do 'part-exchange', or we would never get rid of them..

2. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    FIAT126-1291_5_edited.jpg
    Oh, I forgot about this car...
    The funny little metal thing you had to pull up to start the 'engine'...
    Tissue paper for bodywork..
    I was given one.
    I soon understood why she was giving it away...
    Funny thing is, now I like the look of it.
    Just going to have a look on 'AutoTrader'...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    RWD, no assist and the funny metal thing is exactly how racing cars work.
    and it is heavy moddable.

:D

my worst car

http://motori.tuttomercato.it/annuncio_thumbnail/43577_1_800x600.jpg

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Best feature was the folding roof, so I didn't bump with my head:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Sorry?
    The 'funny metal thing' I am talking about, was pulled to start the engine...
    I think you may of misunderstood.
    Anyway, what make of car is that in your link?

6. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    This is my worst but favourite car..

My current Volvo -slightly customized- Amazon.

[​IMG]

Why is it the worst AND the favourite?
    • 0-100 speed? NaN. It hasn't been over 100 kmh because I haven't found a long enough road yet.
    • Paintjob? Actually pretty bad.. Need to re-do it or wrap it in something silly.
    • Wheels? Steel throwaways with a paintjob.. They look good on the pictures, but they're really bad in person.
    • Front hood ornament? That's a door handle, the original thing is gone.. I need to restore that.. Also just look at those mirrors :(
    But why is it also my favourite?
    It's a classic volvo, it drives like a tank and that's exactly what I wanted when I bought it.
    Here's the full imgur album.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Probably a Fiat Uno. Did a lot of driving in a SAAB 900 and for all it quirks, I loved that thing. Usually it's the Volvos referred to as tanks but I'm pretty sure a 900 could survive nuclear holocaust if you only had enough duct tape. I can't remember the amount of times I thought the car was about to give up, 10-20 minutes at a gas station/local garage and the thing was up and running again for another year, amazingly durable car. And I still to this day feel weird about not putting a car or even my TH8A in reverse before I turn things off. The Uno though, man that was dull.

8. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    SIMCA 1100 (image from the web)
    Technically speaking it was the worst car I owned, no power steering, gearbox was a pain, not always maintaining the gear if you didn't know how to use it ;), had to double clutch between gear 3rd->2nd...

But it was my first car, given by my grandfather at the age I was about to get the driving license, and I had a lot of fun with it. All my friends enjoyed it a lot and it was always a fully enjoyable adventure to drive this car with them, particularly in summer when going to the beach, it was like driving a time machine, and man, I was the only one at 50 km around to have this car, who else can claim that? :D

And then, when I got my peugeot 106 and my dad sold this Simca, I felt sadness to see this car leaving my life, this "thing" had a soul filled by years of fun with friends! :rolleyes:

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    the car is my mother's rover 111SL. the one she bought after the fiat 126. ;) (not the one in the photo)
    so no misunderstood.

in the 126 the key was for ignition on, the lever was for engine start
    exactly like a racing car and the key you map inside raceroom. :D

the second lever was the air mixture when the engine was cold.

that lever was so racing for a kid. cogcocogcocogcooobroooooom

:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Ouch, this is a tough one. The competition is hard.

Could it be my vastly overpriced '86 Opel Ascona with a clutch that disengaged only under a full moon, and finally broke in half because of extreme rust attack in the frame?

A strong contender is also my '82 Volvo 242 fitted with an aftermarket turbo on a carbureted engine (good plan), which used more oil than petrol and finally caved in because of a coolant leak leading to a cylinder head bent like a banana? It also had a 28" steering wheel, no servo and too wide front tires.

Or could it be my '92 VW Passat, where 50% of the bodywork was filler, the jack shot through the rusty floor every spring when I changed tires, the exhaust system included four empty tin cans, and the only working instrument inside the car was the speedometer? (And I really do mean the only thing, not even the manual window knobs worked, neither did the door handles.)

It has to be the '92 Passat.

(Btw, my '97 Volvo V70 passed the semi annual MOT without any negative remarks what-so-ever today. Hooray.)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Just another one of my babies.

Not goot, not worse. OK, worse, but good.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Timmy L

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Great.
    Thank you for that.
    Now I understand you.
    We 'raced' our free Fiat 126 on the sand dunes, until it died....
    Good fun.

13. Alx^

Alx^ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Driven, old Fiat 500. Owned, Pug 405 SRi.

14. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I'm cheating a little bit, but my father to this day regrets ever buying that awful, awful Skoda 120. I can't remember the exact model since I was young but I doubt it made much of a difference. It burned fuel and oil like mad, it had massive overheating issues (remember couple of summers where it would completely go in smoke halfway going or coming back from vacation), it had to literally have bricks put in the front of the car because it wouldn't have absolutely no grip in the winter. Before selling the damn thing it had to have an engine rebuild otherwise it wouldn't be worth a penny.

Lastly, it almost got my dad killed. He used to go to work outside of the city where we lived and one time, a sudden rainfall made him lose control and skid into an oncoming lane. Incredibly lucky for him, a truck driver managed to stop just in time to avoid t-boning him. Not long after he finally sold it.

Just a hateful car.

15. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    1987 Porsche 944. I love those cars. I've owned two but the first one was a dud. It had a small crease in the rear quarter and I though it was nothing. Turns out it had been hit in the rear and the rear half was bent. Painted the car, pulled the engine because it was leaking and three months later after replacing all the seals it started leaking again. After that, I took it to get aligned and realized I had a car that was never going to be straight.

Hate that car. Now my 944 Turbo after that was majestic.