These Bugs? "Player Control in 2...1... Seconds" Then CRASH into Wall Always

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winter_Vortex, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Winter_Vortex

Winter_Vortex New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This always happens to me and it really became a real pain when doing Leaderboard on Bridge. I have tried it with other cars and tracks, and all the same.

This a bug in which your car is thrown into the wall (left or right). One thing I don't need help in is crashing into concrete walls. I tried slamming the brakes every time at start, but sometimes still I get dragged into wall. Running start in a race and it's usually controllable.

Tire-4448.png

Tire-4447.png

Tire-4446.png

Another problem is when you see the dreaded "Next lap won't count" and you select "Return to Garage" to void it. When you return back in play, the message is still there, but is removed after you cross the Start Line.

Tire-4445.png

I always use Google searching for RaceRoom info. The search in this website doesn't provide any info, without going through tons of posts. Example, I searched for "Player Control" to see if this bug was just me or a common fault. This is the response I get including my previous post (X2):

Tire-4444.PNG

2. Winter_Vortex

Winter_Vortex New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Also it seems that some of the video replays were saved as TEST (including Hot Lap), that I can provide (?). They show sometimes in the beginning and in the middle (when I restarted), the fight to stay off the wall (braking). The worst ones thrashing me into the wall were not saved, maybe because "Next lap will not count"?. The Leaderboard Qualifying is definitely the worst (player control), and it varied at times.

Speaking of Leaderboard, I thought it was a pretty good promotion for upcoming races to have this. That's why I was surprised to find out it exists for everything else in tracks and cars.

Tire-4449.png

Not unreasonable to expect that everyone should bank at least one lap on the Leaderboard (each car & track), before they are allowed to race online (regardless of time). That would keep players who accidently select Get Real servers from crashing all over the track in a race. Being familiar with the track and car before you go Pubbing online, isn't too much too ask.

The requirement would also validate the Leaderboard rankings and times, and provide active groupings for promotional events in lap times. Basically it's a entry license for each skill level with a car and track, and provide new players with a competitive desire and path to improve in track lines.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it ever happened to me, and I drove quite a few cars there because this is the track you get when you test drive a car. If I don't touch any controls all the cars just drive straight, and they do this also when I accelerate.

Could it be that your wheel isn't centered the moment the car gets under your control?

Also I'd imagine slamming the brakes isn't the best thing to do in this situation. If your car is already unstable and oversteers, this means it lacks grip on rear wheels. Slamming your brakes only shifts the weight forward thus reducing the grip on rears even further. Keeping on the gas a bit should work better...

4. Winter_Vortex

Winter_Vortex New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Good to know whether bug or setup. I went into Leaderboards where it's the worst, and it only appears when I set mouse as a controller setting (with keyboard or not). I reset all settings over week ago (deleted Simbin dir), and copied over car setups. So something with the RR mouse setup (I tried a brand new gaming mouse still in the box and still no go).

Since I joined in April I have always had this problem. I would usually only join Practice sessions and leave before Qualifying started. Last couple weeks started qualifying and joining races, and the problem was always there. The Bridge Qualifying position is the worst because of the narrow start between walls.

In Leaderboard sometimes, it can drag your car to the wall even when you do a full brake.

Testing with just keyboard controller, I was amazed to watch the car just go in a straight line without being rammed into the wall. Look what I have been missing :)

Just to add: Last 3 weeks I have noticed that my mouse will "kick out" to the left about once a day. There is no bump or whatever, it's usually when I am turning the opposite way (curve), it shoots the car left and takes me off track.

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Does it happen outside RR too? If it doesn't, then it looks like a bug in the game.