This content request again: AI for multiplayer races.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rampage, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Rampage

Rampage Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am aware this subject has been requested and discussed before. The last I heard, it was under consideration but that was over a year ago and nothing has happened. At least nothing obvious, such as a release or a statement saying it is not possible or will not be done.

So this is just a reminder that AI in multiplayer would be a benefit and a great feature for some Raceroom Racing Experience fans. I compete in multiplayer with a small group of family and friends. We do not enjoy racing against aliens or wreckers so we avoid the open servers and set up our own servers but it is a bit boring when there are 3 to 5 of us racing on a mostly empty track. Having 20 AI drivers to contend with while we are competing with each other is a dream come true. However, we cannot do that in Raceroom so we have to go elsewhere.

Please add the option of adding a field of AI controlled cars to private servers so that small groups can race in large races. If this feature cannot or will not be added just let us know so we can quit asking and stop hoping. Thank you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It was mentioned that one reason not to do it was additional CPU load having to draw AND calculate what the AI does.

If you want to try it out and see what a shit show mixed rooms are, play AMS2 as they have it. I guarantee a rage quit after one or two races of being hammered by an AI car or three - it´s even worse than the darkest of late night rookie servers.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    That's what happens in single player, but it doesn't lead to unreasonable CPU loads.

Also, they don't ask to add AI cars on all servers, the OP talks about a private server. And I assume they already know what it looks like:

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think you have answered it perfectly with that. Too much work for too specific a target group. Might be easier to get more friends into the game or join a league.

5. vvPULSEvv

vvPULSEvv Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This is the feature I wish for most. Me and a friend have a blast on ams2 but miss the adaptive ai on this sim.

• Agree Agree x 1